Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Web Drivers for 10.9.x Mavericks Found!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. although in a 3,1 mac pro it only runs at 2.5. it will only run at 5.0 in a 4,1 or 5,1

a Hackintosh faking 3,1 seems to run it at 5.0, although OS X will report it at 2.5 (of course, you need DSDT to even get PCI reports AT ALL on gigabyte)

I have one of the GTX780's that were natively supported in 10.9.1 and was just wondering if there is any reason for me to try these drivers?

Question: How to boot to install these drivers? I only managed to boot so far with NV_DISABLE.
Will I able to install these drivers if I boot with this flag?

Graphics card in question: Gainward GTX 780Ti.

EDIT: Will/Should it work on 10.9.1?

has gpu power management been fixed on kelper?

If all you are trying to get is to fix rev B 780 and titan, you can just copy the opencl lib from web driver to 10.9.x driver to fix crash and retain cuda.

Would it be possible to explain how to do this? Thanks!
i unpacked web driver pkg but dont see opencl lib...

edit:
Ok I learned that unpkg works better then pkgutil --expand

FYI: Tried these on a GT 640- no go over HDMI. Black screen. Glad they're helping people with the GK110B, but I'd think the default drivers are still the way to go.

Question: How to boot to install these drivers? I only managed to boot so far with NV_DISABLE.
Will I able to install these drivers if I boot with this flag?

Graphics card in question: Gainward GTX 780Ti.

EDIT: Will/Should it work on 10.9.1?

Yes, boot with nv_disable=1, download and install the web drivers, then reboot.. then boot one last time with nv_disable=1, once in your desktop, at the top you should see the Nvidia logo.. click that once then select to use the Nvidia driver, then reboot and you will be able to get in to OS X without using nv_disable=1

Hi, I have installed cuda driver too and I have this message.

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2014-02-06 a la(s) 17.23.10.png
    Captura de pantalla 2014-02-06 a la(s) 17.23.10.png
    107.4 KB · Views: 1,160
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back