Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Mountain Lion 10.8.3 Graphics Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I select nVidi Web Driver and after restart it goes back to OS X default.
What I did:
I changed iMac to mac pro 3,1 and added <key>nvda_drv</key>
<string>1</string>. but still cant get it work.
any help?

Article: NVIDIA Releases Mountain Lion 10.8.3 Graphics Drivers

I select nVidi Web Driver and after restart it goes back to OS X default.
What I did:
I changed iMac to mac pro 3,1 and added <key>nvda_drv</key>
<string>1</string>. but still cant get it work.
any help?

I noticed this too, but however using the -v flag I do get a confirmation "NVDAStartup: Web" (can also review this in the console too)

I suspect it is loading, but not showing in the preference pane (or menubar), because when I switch it to Web there, I dont get a password request, it simply changes cosmetically with no change in the console. Maybe thats all that is going on for you too?

So has anyone found a compelling reason to start using these drivers over the default drivers in 10.8.3? My 650ti Boost seems to be running well with the default drivers, and I really don't want to install the new ones unless I'm getting a performance and/or stability boost.

With GTX 650 Ti Boost I got INSTALL FAIL both with macpro 3,1 and iMac 13,1, and both for latest CUDA 5.0.59 (from 5.0.45, installed with no problem) and 313.01.01f03. The card is now detected as NVIDIA GK 106 (A problem to enable Mercury playback engine in Adobe Premiere)

I noticed this too, but however using the -v flag I do get a confirmation "NVDAStartup: Web" (can also review this in the console too)

I suspect it is loading, but not showing in the preference pane (or menubar), because when I switch it to Web there, I dont get a password request, it simply changes cosmetically with no change in the console. Maybe thats all that is going on for you too?

Hello!

Just write kextstat on the Terminal, there you'll see the loaded kexts, there you'll see loaded NVDARasmanWeb. It works perfect with a GTX 650 Ti. MacPro3,1 definition & 10.8.3 of course! ... plus the last update of CUDA. Adobe Premiere & AE load CUDA perfect!

Good luck!

Roy

To see what kind of Driver version you are running right now, just open System Preferences "CUDA" app. there you see what Driver Version you actually are running right now.

1. Do not use:
<key>nvda_drv</key>
<string>1</string>
it won't make any change.

2. Please use:
<string>darkwake=0 nvda_drv=1 </string>,
in other words, you need to insert it to the "Kernel Flags" and not as Key, then reboot your machine.
Now the New Drivers are set as Default OS X Driver and you are running on them, just check in CUDA App.
Remember: Drivers needs NOT to be set as "nVidia Web Driver", The new nVidia Web drivers runs already as "OS X Default Driver". Why? because we set them to be as Driver 1 in the Kernel Flags. And if you want to switch between the Default and the Web Drivers, you CAN'T, your system runs now always with nVidia Web Drivers as default.

Anyway, i had already a lot of freezes with the new drivers, also OopenCL was not working anymore.
I uninstalled successfully this crappy stuff with the nVidia App in System Prefferences.

hope this helps a bit.

I am using GA-Z77N wifi, i5 3570k, 8GB Corsair and GEFORCE 550ti and have installed these drivers running 10.8.3 and (think) I have done the changing of all the strings correctly, yet it always defaults to the OSX Installed Drivers and requires me to change it everytime in the Sys Prefs. Once I do change it, it seems to stay, recognizes 1536 MB on the card, even though it is only 1GB... (not sure why it sees it like this?)

Running as 3,1 MacPro

Not sure what I might do to change - or if the graphics card (550ti) is just not supported? my "org.chameleon.Boot.plist" looks like:

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0 nvda_drv=1 </string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>nvda_drv</key>
<string>1</string>

... does this look right? I have tried both ways without each in and rebooted with the same results each time (not having it default to the Nvidia graphics drivers - requiring a switch in preferences). This is my current situation, and first post here - hope this can lead to a resolve for me and anyone else with these issues. After Reboot - Once I have selected NVIDIA graphics drivers, it requires me to enter my user p/w and then stays selected and seems to run just fine - new CustoMac build stayed on the longest it has stayed on in the last week so far today w/o any of the infamous freezes I have come so accustomed to.

I can't even boot with my 550 Ti without having to safe boot '-x', do you have the same problem? I'm using the Zotac GTX 550 Ti on 10.8.3

I get password request but after restart nothing changes

This driver is horrible, so laggy, 2d perfomance buggy, I'm back with the default driver :)

It's such a shame that NVIDIA still haven't fixed the power mode switch bug when dual monitors are connected. My GTX480 is still stuck at 405MHZ instead of 50MHZ at idle when two monitors are connected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back