Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS Sierra 10.12 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. http://i.imgur.com/SoHtuAD.png
But if i edit Distribution to 10.12.1 and 16B I get Javascript error!

Hi. I'm not an expert but I think you might have to edit kext and insert your current OS X build version for it to work... this is well explained in installation and troubleshooting guide on this forum.

Slim Jim, did you get this to work? I was able to install the beta by editing the package, and forcing the NVDIA driver by editing the kext, but although the control panel says the NVIDIA Web Driver is active, the system is behaving as if it's on the OS X default (very slow rendering).

is NVDAStartupWeb.kext supposed to be where all the other kext are?

I upgraded to version macOS 10.12.1 (16B2338c) (beta 3) and needed to update the NVIDIA Graphics driver to the latest one.

To get NVIDIA graphics to work I had to use Flat Package Editor to edit the WebDriver-367.15.10.05f01.pkg file.
Extract Distribution file to desktop and open it in TextEdit. Edit/change the file from:

{
var supportedOSVer = "10.12";
var supportedOSBuildVer = "16A323";
var targetBuild = system.version.ProductBuildVersion;
var result = compareBuildVersions(targetBuild, supportedOSBuildVer);

if (result != 0)

to

{

if (result != 1)

This will bypass the version check.
Save the changes..
Delete unedited Distribution file inside WebDriver-367.15.10.05f01.pkg.
Copy back into the WebDriver-367.15.10.05f01.pkg with Flat Package Editor the edited Distribution file.
This will allow the installer to install - so install. I didn't get a Javascript error this way.

When your computer restarts it will default to OSX Graphics because you need to change 1 last file.
Navigate to /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext/Contents/
Extract Info.plist to desktop.
Edit Info.plist with TextEdit:

<key>NVDARequiredOS</key>
<string>16A323</string>

to

<string>16B2338c</string>

Save changes.
Delete unedited Info.plist in /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext/Contents/ and authenticate
Copy back to edited Info.plist to /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext/Contents/ and authenticate
Restart
Change to NVIDIA Graphics
Restart
Complete

I hope my first post is helpful!

Last edited:
I upgraded to version macOS 10.12.1 (16B2338c) (beta 3) and needed to update the NVIDIA Graphics driver to the latest one.

To get NVIDIA graphics to work I had to use Flat Package Editor to edit the WebDriver-367.15.10.05f01.pkg file.
Extract Distribution file to desktop and open it in TextEdit. Edit/change the file from:

{

if (result != 0)

to

{

if (result != 1)

This will bypass the version check.
Save the changes..
Delete unedited Distribution file inside WebDriver-367.15.10.05f01.pkg.
Copy back into the WebDriver-367.15.10.05f01.pkg with Flat Package Editor the edited Distribution file.
This will allow the installer to install - so install. I didn't get a Javascript error this way.

When your computer restarts it will default to OSX Graphics because you need to change 1 last file.
Navigate to /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext/Contents/
Extract Info.plist to desktop.
Edit Info.plist with TextEdit:

<string>16A323</string>

to

<string>16B2338c</string>

Save changes.
Delete unedited Info.plist in /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext/Contents/ and authenticate
Copy back to edited Info.plist to /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext/Contents/ and authenticate
Restart
Change to NVIDIA Graphics
Restart
Complete

I hope my first post is helpful!
It got the drivers installed for me but I can't get past the loading screen without the boot flag nv_disable=1 . Could it be caused by the fact that multibeast is set to inject the nvidia?

Thanks

Can you help me fix this problem?

Screen Shot 2016-11-02 at 9.49.22 AM.png

Hi All,

I'm running sierra with a gtx 580.
I installed the web drivers and cuda.
It runs fine only it seems i dont have any 3D capabilities. Photoshop says i need to enable opengl to use 3D. Other apps dont show 3D objects either.

Can anyone help me pls?

Thx!

Last edited:
I guesse this doesn't work for the 960M?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back