Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS Sierra 10.12 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
When pascal will be available?

I have no problem installing the driver for my GTX 760 cards.
However, there is no up to date driver for the beta 2.
Still waiting, since many programs have screen crash. I need to Chrome to access to internet.
Hi

Are you using gtx 760 with MacOS Sierra? Need some help.

Decided to jump on the latest (e.g., 10.12.1). Following the "Solving Nvidia driver install and loading" trouble shooting guide and I'm stumped; resolution stuck at 1024 x 768. I've installed the Web Drivers (WebDriver-367.15.10.15f03) and CUDA (cudadriver-8.0.57-macos). The settings overview displays "NVIDIA Chip Model 3 MB" and I don't think that is correct considering I am using a GTX 750 ti. Systems report contains two graphics cards, Intel HD Graphics 3000 and Nvidia Chip Model. I've attached my config.plist for more detail. Any thoughts on why I'm not able to get to 1920x1080. Tested the DVI and HDMI ports on the graphics card, results are the same, 1024 x 768.

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:
updated to new nvidia drivers on 970 on 10.12.2 and takes a good minute of black screen before login window shows. if I nv_disable the drivers it loads right away, so its something with the nvidia web driver. Any idea how to get logs of what is going on with nvidia web driver?

updated to new nvidia drivers on 970 on 10.12.2 and takes a good minute of black screen before login window shows. if I nv_disable the drivers it loads right away, so its something with the nvidia web driver. Any idea how to get logs of what is going on with nvidia web driver?

Same here, wish I could find a solution

I'm trying to play the game Insurgency (Steam) on my hack, running OSX 10.12.3 (hardware specs in my signature below). When i'm using NVIDIA Web Driver, the game quits unexpectedly immediately after joining a multiplayer server. If i switch to OS X Default Graphic Driver and reboot, it works. I don't have any other problems using NVIDIA Web Driver. What could it be?

I'm trying to play the game Insurgency (Steam) on my hack, running OSX 10.12.3 (hardware specs in my signature below). When i'm using NVIDIA Web Driver, the game quits unexpectedly immediately after joining a multiplayer server. If i switch to OS X Default Graphic Driver and reboot, it works. I don't have any other problems using NVIDIA Web Driver. What could it be?

I ran into this same issue yesterday. I posted for support from the Insurgency Devs (OS X Issues Thread page 44, post #655). Their response was "We do not support unofficial mac configurations. The crash you have is caused by Nvidia Web driver."

Guys do we have support for GTX 940m now?

You need to edit Distribution file inside the WebDriver package to match the macOS build (use Flat Package Editor). Most probably you will also need to edit the info.plist inside NVDAStartupWeb.kext after installation (also to match the macOS build) - without this edit you wil not be able to enable the web driver. Good luck! ;)
You need to edit Distribution file inside the WebDriver package to match the macOS build (use Flat Package Editor). Most probably you will also need to edit the info.plist inside NVDAStartupWeb.kext after installation (also to match the macOS build) - without this edit you wil not be able to enable the web driver. Good luck! ;)

skocdopolis, I'll appreciate your opinion on the following:
are you using web driver for the 650 video card? I have the same card and after upgrading to 10.12.6 I get many crashes and freezes in different applications, do you think I need to install the web driver for the 650 nvidia card?

many thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back