Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS Sierra 10.12 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I, three, have a GTX 750 Ti. The current drivers have a problem with my Hector system. However, the drivers are loading, but I'm getting "blacken" menu in the upper left hand corner on all windows.

Storko, try this....

Bildschirmfoto 2016-09-15 um 07.50.25.png

Bildschirmfoto 2016-09-15 um 07.50.44.png

You can also use the Dark Menu Mode.

Thank you, karacho. That solution worked. My GTX 750 Ti is now resolving all the menus correctly.

I am on Nvidia GT610 2 GB

I installed Sierra GM following all the steps from this site's guide. Installer did not boot without nv_disable=1. After install, same with the OS. Installed NVidia web drivers (latest) after OS Install, no boot without nv_disable=1. applied agdfix (after disabling SIP using configurator) and set definition to iMac 14,2 but no boot again. Installed Cuda drivers and no luck. When booted with nv_disable=1 the resolution is such that I have to squint to see anything and videos don't play (YouTube, VLC etc...). Clover already has necessary drivers in driver64 folder. I have also tried with and without them. I have tried a good number of system definitions without any luck (MacPro 3,1; MacPro 6,1; iMac 17,1 etc...) The graphic card shows up in system report and about this mac but does not show up in NVidia web driver menu. (Works fine on windows partition)

(When I say it wont boot I mean apple logo appears with the progress bar, it goes upto half, then the resolution of the boot screen changes and the progress bar ends with the cursor which cant be moved)

Never had any such problem with Yosemite or El Captian or previous versions.

I have already tried this that has been suggested by a few

"1. Added nvda_drv=1 to my nvram: sudo nvram nvda_drv=1
2. Exported the nvram to a plist file: nvram -x -p >nvram.plist
3. Moved nvram.plist to the root: sudo mv ./nvram.plist /nvram.plist
4. To be sure, I made it accessible for all (this might be superfluous): sudo chmod 777 /nvram.plist
5. Made nvram.plist hidden for Finder (for aesthetic reasons): chflags hidden /nvram.plist
6. Enabled EmuVariableUefi-64.efi using Clover Configurator
7. Rebooted
"

Absolutely no difference.

Please help

Last edited:
new clover version dont use nvda_drv=1 because it makes a new config value.
systemparameters--nvidiaweb true

So do I replace nvda_drv=1 to nvdaweb true?

The Clover change log suggests adding the following to the SystemParameters block of config.plist:

<key>NvidiaWeb</key>
<true/>
Tried that. Did not change anything.

Are these problems creeping up because of not injecting NVidia in the installer the way we can in Unibeast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back