Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS Sierra 10.12 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

I reinstalled the OS to get the kext files back to correct files. Then I ran AGDPFix and it worked for me this time.

Edit: just kidding. It booted once normally after restarting from AGDPFix but then stopped working next restart. Next restart was when I applied the audio patch, so could that be causing an issue with display?

Edit edit: running the AGDPFIX again solved the issue again. It seems like the audio patch somehow interfered and running the AGDPFix again solved the issue. I did get the black left corner menu bar but reduce transparency fixed that.

Last edited:
For whatever reason nvda_drv=1 boot flag stopped working with Sierra PB2. Also, it seems like NVRAM is not persisent anymore on my Hack, so nVidia web driver does initiate, it just restarts during boot (before stage 2).

I did the following (as suggested by others)

1. Added nvda_drv=1 to my nvram: sudo nvram nvda_drv=1
2. Exported the nvram to a plist file: nvram -x -p >nvram.plist
3. Moved nvram.plist to the root: sudo mv ./nvram.plist /nvram.plist
4. To be sure, I made it accessible for all (this might be superfluous): sudo chmod 777 /nvram.plist
5. Made nvram.plist hidden for Finder (for aesthetic reasons): chflags hidden /nvram.plist
6. Enabled EmuVariableUefi-64.efi using Clover Configurator
7. Rebooted

This fixed the nvidia driver issue for me.
Thank you! This was driving me absolutely insane - worked perfectly on the new GM candidate.

Can someone please explain why there seems to be a craze here to install AGDPFix??? What is the issue people are having? Is it a 4k Monitor issue?

I most certainly have not used this fix at all with a GTX 750 Ti SC (EVGA) and have 3 screens hooked up

HP w2207 cia DVI
Samsung Series 3 TV via HDMI
ASUS MX 239 Display Port -> HDMI

The ONLY issue I have at this point is lack of HDMI audio support in the current temp driver!

Not sure about everyone else but I am of the belief... Don't fix it if it aint broke!

I was looking for help with the HDMI audio issue and everything I got back simply seemed way off the mark... fixes for the Onboard HDMI (even though I was specifically in an nVidia thread!!!) I figured that if I have native System sound using. Toledas fix for that, that there isn't much wrong with my on board sound.. HOWEVER HDMI sound is coming through my GTX and not the mainboard!!! I could spend weeks patching the wrong thing and possibly even break my install.. but sense tells me here to await the first "official" Sierra experimental driver and see if that fixes it. No issues at all on El Capitan with an official driver.

Can someone please explain why there seems to be a craze here to install AGDPFix??? What is the issue people are having? Is it a 4k Monitor issue?

I most certainly have not used this fix at all with a GTX 750 Ti SC (EVGA) and have 3 screens hooked up

HP w2207 cia DVI
Samsung Series 3 TV via HDMI
ASUS MX 239 Display Port -> HDMI

The ONLY issue I have at this point is lack of HDMI audio support in the current temp driver!

Not sure about everyone else but I am of the belief... Don't fix it if it aint broke!

I was looking for help with the HDMI audio issue and everything I got back simply seemed way off the mark... fixes for the Onboard HDMI (even though I was specifically in an nVidia thread!!!) I figured that if I have native System sound using. Toledas fix for that, that there isn't much wrong with my on board sound.. HOWEVER HDMI sound is coming through my GTX and not the mainboard!!! I could spend weeks patching the wrong thing and possibly even break my install.. but sense tells me here to await the first "official" Sierra experimental driver and see if that fixes it. No issues at all on El Capitan with an official driver.
ADGPFIX can solver black screen problem with imc 17.1 15.1 ,macpro 6.1 system definition.

ADGPFIX can solver black screen problem with imc 17.1 15.1 ,macpro 6.1 system definition.
Ah yes indeed.. Thanks for the explanation.. think I had this kind of issue a few years ago with a non Giga/Asus build. My intel tig - but had to patch the dsdt manually. Didn't think of the Sysdef being the issue but it makes perfect sense! No issues on 14,2 with my own build... macpro 6.1 works I think (I tested it previously) but no issues at all with 14,2 and my particular Haswell build!

I am on the GM and i still can't boot without nv_disable active as otherwise i just get a black screen. I have addd the nvram 'fix' and also installed the web drivers but it seems that nothing is working. Has anyone had any success in Sierra with a GT 610 ? It worked flawlessly OOTB in all previous versions so i don't really understand whats broken it.

Might sound like a dumb question this ... but you have downloaded and installed the latest patched NVidia driver? on reboot change that flag to nvda_drv=1.

If it doesn't boot beyond the black screen chances are the system has not recognized the driver...

I had a lot of problems with the driver on updated versions of the Public Beta... I nuked the installation and reinstalled "Clean"... and on booting (as before) I was just getting One screen on the native OSX Mac Driver even after installing the driver. but after one reboot suddenly I had the second monitor up.. and then the third after another boot... Weird I know but previously the drivers simply did not take at all!

I now boot without any flags at all!

Just issues I've had in the past 3 or 4 weeks... maybe something here might help.... You're on a Dell Board so you may need a flag or two depending on your Sysdef,,,,

I'm having some problems with the Nvidia driver on the GM, have anyone seen this before:

I can boot just fine with a SINGLE monitor running off DP or DualLink-DVI. (Full graphics, GPU detected, yadayada...)

If I boot with BOTH monitors attached (DP + DVI) both screens goes to sleep, just like they would do if AGDPFix was not applied on El Capitan.

If I boot with a SINGLE monitor and then plug in the other monitor, both come to life, but with flipped color channels (Red/Blue), I can fix this by changing resolution.

If I boot with a SINGLE monitor, rebuild kext cache, shutdown, and boot with BOTH monitors the system works just fine, until next shutdown, then it goes back to the above 3 states.

Booting with no caches makes no changes.

I have the exact same behavior as cnrd! Except I do not have flipped color channels if I plugin the second monitor on the running system - they just work fine. Any help to make booting with two Monitors via DP + DVI on a 980TI would be much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back