Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 (387.10.10.10.40)

You probably need to install WhateverGreen.kext to make it work. I only have experience with RX 580 and Vega cards, which work out of the box perfectly. If you can't get the R9 290 to work, I would definitely go the RX 580/Vega route. If you are using a iMac Pro SMBIOS, I would suggest using a RX Vega card. For a Mac Pro 5,1 SMBIOS, a RX 580 will work fine and can be bought used relatively cheap since miners are unloading them.

But yes, I used to run a GTX 1070 and the recent web drivers when I used 10.3.3 was the last straw for me, which led me to replace a GTX 1070 with a RX 580 and eventually a Vega 56.

Hi chikorita157, I am pretty frustrated with my NVIDIA Quarto K5000 right now. I updated from Serria and it was all working fine until High Serria. I have been through this thread and tried the fixes that matched what my symptoms where with not luck. I have been down for 5 days and I'm tired of trouble shooting this. If you say the Vega 56 card works out of the box I'm sold. It stinks that I need to spend some money but I got to get back to making money. In your opinion, how do you think this card would do with Video editing and motion graphics? Thanks !

Anyone try the latest WebDriver-387.10.10.15.15.108 by any chance? Anything to report (good or bad)?

Hello, guys, anybody got working dual Nvidia cards on High Sierra?

I've installed 10.13.5 with default alternate drivers for 10.13.5 — it looks good, but when i'm running Cinebench R15 it show GPU as Apple software Open GL. And cant pass the benchmark. Starting cinema 4d shows, that Open GL really doesn't work fine.

You probably need to install WhateverGreen.kext to make it work. I only have experience with RX 580 and Vega cards, which work out of the box perfectly. If you can't get the R9 290 to work, I would definitely go the RX 580/Vega route. If you are using a iMac Pro SMBIOS, I would suggest using a RX Vega card. For a Mac Pro 5,1 SMBIOS, a RX 580 will work fine and can be bought used relatively cheap since miners are unloading them.

But yes, I used to run a GTX 1070 and the recent web drivers when I used 10.3.3 was the last straw for me, which led me to replace a GTX 1070 with a RX 580 and eventually a Vega 56.

Hi, I'm thinking of doing the same, what did you uninstall when you swapped gpus?

Guys I switched to the VEGA 64 and couldn't be happier. Native support is really worth the switch.

same, switch to RX580, and endless freeze and reboot.

Hey Guys,

I got one system with dual gpu GTX980 and dual 4k displays wich work fine under 10.12.6
Now i installed a new system on another hard drive with 10.13.6 and the latest driver as described above. The whole system ist buttery smooth, but there are two applications that don't work as well: Microsoft Word and Photoshop.

Word stutters and flickers - deactivated the 2nd monitor and it became fast that one time, but couldn't replicate this after restart.
Photoshop doesn't recognize vram - it says 0MB

Both is no issue under Sierra. Do you have any advice how to solve those issues?

Back