Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 (387.10.10.10.40)

Out of curiosity, which version Nvidia driver are you using with Sierra?

Just tested these drivers on 10.13.5. Still broken. Not sure if it will work correctly on 10.13.6.

- Dual 970s in a 3+3 monitor setup.
- NvidiaFixup
- MacPro SMBIOS

There are visual artifacts and OpenGL and Metal are falling back to CPU, so it's incredibly slow. Unacceptable release for me. I reverted back to 378.10.10.10.25.106. I've thoroughly been testing every driver release since then. This is the lastest driver version that works with OpenGL/Metal and dual GPUs. Although, it's slugish as ****, especially with even a few chrome tabs.

Seriously considering buying an iMac and just moving out of the Hackintosh game altogether. But I don't see a surefire way to get a 6 monitor setup without hackintoshing. Trying a Pair of Vegas is other option.

Same here: updated to 10.13.6, installed 387.10.10.10.40, no OpenGL, reverted back to patched 378.10.10.10.25.106.

If this isn't fixed in 10.14, I guess I'll go back to Sierra. :cry:

If this isn't fixed in 10.14, I guess I'll go back to Sierra. :cry:
That's what I did. I have a 10.12.3 installation on another SSD. Rock solid despite rather ancient web drivers.

Are we just stuck here now? Nvidia doesn't seem to care whatsoever about drivers for High Sierra. I have a couple of R9 290 GPUs to replace my GTX 970s. Anyone know if I can get full 6 monitor support on these R9s? I am really desperate to get a fast and snappy hackintosh.

Who would have ever thought that for many professionals, the death of Hackintosh as a workable option would come not at the hands of Apple but at the hands of Nvidia?

Who would have ever thought that for many professionals, the death of Hackintosh as a workable option would come not at the hands of Apple but at the hands of Nvidia?
It's only the potential "death of Hackintosh" for systems running dual Nvidia GPU's. It might also have something to do with Apple's move towards external AMD eGPU's. There are users running Nvidia eGPU's in High Sierra via modded drivers. There's got to be a way to compare 378.10.10.10.25.106 (last known driver to support dual GPU's) to the current drivers and create a patch, but that's above my pay grade.

P.S. The problem is being discussed in-depth on the netkas forum.

Last edited:
Is it just people running dual nvidia cards that are having issues? I'm on 10.13.4 with 387.10.10.10.30.107 and it's running great. After effects, C4D, davinci resolve, all running great on a 1060 6gb.

Trying to decide if I should update to 10.13.6.

I am looking for the latest driver for the mojave!

Are we just stuck here now? Nvidia doesn't seem to care whatsoever about drivers for High Sierra. I have a couple of R9 290 GPUs to replace my GTX 970s. Anyone know if I can get full 6 monitor support on these R9s? I am really desperate to get a fast and snappy hackintosh.

You probably need to install WhateverGreen.kext to make it work. I only have experience with RX 580 and Vega cards, which work out of the box perfectly. If you can't get the R9 290 to work, I would definitely go the RX 580/Vega route. If you are using a iMac Pro SMBIOS, I would suggest using a RX Vega card. For a Mac Pro 5,1 SMBIOS, a RX 580 will work fine and can be bought used relatively cheap since miners are unloading them.

But yes, I used to run a GTX 1070 and the recent web drivers when I used 10.3.3 was the last straw for me, which led me to replace a GTX 1070 with a RX 580 and eventually a Vega 56.

Back