Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 (387.10.10.10.30)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm this broke my Nvidia audio over DP. I had previously used NvidiaGraphicsFixup / Lilu to fix this. Is there a new method to fix audio?
I had the same problem but after I compiled the latest Lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixup from GitHub my audio works over DP again.
DP.png

I had the same problem but after I compiled the latest Lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixup from GitHub my audio works over DP again.
View attachment 322342

Could you share the latest versions? I'm in the same boat.

Edit: Downloaded latest NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext release (1.2.4) from 3 days ago.
Latest Lilu.kext hasn't been updated in a while (1.2.2).

No change for me, still no DP audio, I did however downgrade to 106 revision of Nvidia drivers as was finding the latest very laggy.

Edit 2: Compiled Lilu.kext (1.2.3) is 1.1mb compared to 123kb release (1,.2.2). Reluctant to try the compiled version :(

Last edited:
Could you share the latest versions? I'm in the same boat.

Edit: Downloaded latest NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext release (1.2.4) from 3 days ago.
Latest Lilu.kext hasn't been updated in a while (1.2.2).

No change for me, still no DP audio, I did however downgrade to 106 revision of Nvidia drivers as was finding the latest very laggy.

Edit 2: Compiled Lilu.kext (1.2.3) is 1.1mb compared to 123kb release (1,.2.2). Reluctant to try the compiled version :(

I use these and have DP audio again.

Attachments

• Lilu_NvidiaFix.zip
    281 KB · Views: 208
Obviously nVidia drivers aren't optimized for High Sierra.

Have you actually used HS + nVidia GPU with real world applications like Adobe Photoshop/AfterEffects/Premiere/Illustrator?

Good luck with that. Don't spread misinformation since are most likely a hobbyist.
Oh God this. I have two machines I built for video editing and I really regret going with NVIDIA (1080ti).

So, so, so many crashes in Lightroom and Premiere, misrenders in After Effects, and more. You cannot use RED footage and do any rendering with CUDA or you will have constant crashes... and OpenCL isn't much better.

Oh God this. I have two machines I built for video editing and I really regret going with NVIDIA (1080ti).

So, so, so many crashes in Lightroom and Premiere, misrenders in After Effects, and more. You cannot use RED footage and do any rendering with CUDA or you will have constant crashes... and OpenCL isn't much better.

Just get an AMD card if you're in this line of work. I got a Vega FE locally from a miner that used it for a week for $700.

I highly recommend this card. If you don't want to put down that much, get an RX580 8GB GPU. It works out of the box. The Sapphire Pulse OC is a good card.

I would even say, an RX560 4GB (non XFX) will work better than your 1080Ti in terms of performance.

Look at the CineBench OpenGL tests between nVidia and AMD. AMD always does better even on lower end cards.

CUDA is not even optimized for High Sierra and the nVidia drivers are bad for day to day work. It might be ok for simple things like browsing etc but once you start using OpenCL it really is a horrible experience.

I really love the Vega FE. it's rock solid on dual monitors and I constantly have Adobe apps open all at the same time and utilize 64GB+ of RAM day to day.

If I tried to do the above with nVidia before, it would be virtually impossible to get work done.

Also the Vega FE is very close to 1080 performance (in between 1080 and 1080Ti in some tests). So if you are worried about gaming on the Windows side (if that is a thing) don't worry. It's a great card for that. Just make sure there's enough airflow in your case to blow cool/fresh air at it since it's a blower style cooler.

They also have these newer Vega 64 cards which look awesome that have custom coolers.

The Vega FE and Vega 64 are basically the same card, except Vega FE has 8GB more HBM2 RAM and has Pro drivers under Windows (and is switchable to Gaming Adrenaline drivers).

So sell your 1080Ti it's going for a lot of money on the used market and grab a Vega card...you'll thank me later.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back