Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 (387.10.10.10.30)

Status
Not open for further replies.
building Lilu1.2.3 and NvidiaGraphicsFixUp 1.2.5 from GitHub also improved here (with 387.10.10.10.30.103)
putted in clover/kexts/other
High Sierra use is smooth (launchpad, desktops switches, mission control, finder...)
Seems still exist small lags on safari tab closing - quite usable - smoother than with previous kext versions
DVI2HDMI audio still there (use AppleALC 1.2.2)

Again, this is my opinion. No, I only put them in one place, and that is EFI/Clover/Kexts/other. The one and only time I've loaded some kexts in L/E was some HWMonitor utilities kexts.
Question I forgot to ask, place these two (updated kexts) in "other" before or after 10.13.4 and Nvidia update or after?

Question I forgot to ask, place these two (updated kexts) in "other" before or after 10.13.4 and Nvidia update or after?

I would do it before.....it shouldn't affect 10.13.3, so booting with these new kexts in 10.13.3 shouldn't harm anything.....then do the upgrade to 10.13.4 and install the latest Nvidia drivers and you should be good to go.

But you do want to upgrade without the nvidia drivers in place.....I just remove them entirely, upgrade, then install the nvidia driver I want after the upgrade is done.

One more tip: when you are upgrading to macOS 10.13.4 make sure EmuVariableUefi-64.efi is not in your drivers64UEFI folder. Once the upgrade is done you can put it back in - but if you don't use it, that's even better, because then you don't have to bother with removing it.

I would do it before.....it shouldn't affect 10.13.3, so booting with these new kexts in 10.13.3 shouldn't harm anything.....then do the upgrade to 10.13.4 and install the latest Nvidia drivers and you should be good to go.

But you do want to upgrade without the nvidia drivers in place.....I just remove them entirely, upgrade, then install the nvidia driver I want after the upgrade is done.
Option one looks preferable. Thank you.

Ok, thanks for the update on Emu

Emu is in the folder now while using 13.3.

Last edited:
I'm getting "(23) Failed writing body".
You can try pasting it again, up to you. Or paste this
Code:
source <(curl -s https://raw.githubusercontent.com/vulgo/webdriver.sh/v1.3.8/get)
then type
Code:
./webdriver.sh

New drivers are getting better , working without lag now.
Just no opengl , keeps saying I need to upgrade it.
Back on 104 again.

New drivers are getting better , working without lag now.
Just no opengl , keeps saying I need to upgrade it.
Back on 104 again.
SIP disabled? Do you have files in /Library/GPUBundles?

Wow! Very interesting! These latest compiled kexts (Lilu v1.2.3 & NvidiaGraphicsFixup v1.2.5) with the new *30.103 Nvidia driver gets rid of system and chrome lag completely :clap:, but I cannot load the WebGL test or run the OpenGL benchmark in Cinebench :(. The OpenCL, CUDA, and Metal benchmarks, on the other hand, run great! (see scores below)

P.S. - I tried both silvercircle and dracon's compiled kexts (same updated versions but different file sizes), and the results were the same.

benchmarks.png

Last edited:
SIP disabled? Do you have files in /Library/GPUBundles?
I also seem to be having a WebGL/OpenGL problem. I'm running with SIP partially disabled (CsrActiveConfig 0x3) and have nothing in /Library/GPUBundles.
Just so everyone knows:
csr-active-config 0x0 = SIP Enabled (Default)
csr-active-config 0x3 = SIP Partially Disabled (Loads unsigned kexts)
csr-active-config 0x67 = SIP Disabled completely

These are the most recent ones, I compiled NvidiaGraphicsFixup just a few minutes ago ant Lilu yesterday.
And I can confirm that the lag is gone now and even better, all the other problems like x-plane taking forever to quit are gone!
The files are version 1.2.5 NvidiaGrapicsFixup and 1.2.3 Lilu.

Just installed your compiled kext and my machine is running great so far on 10.13.4 with EVGA 1060 6gb. Thank you so much!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back