Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 (387.10.10.10.30)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive installed the new patched kexts from the users recently uploaded here and replaced the older ones in EFI/Kexts/other.
I also installed the new Nvidia driver.

I definitely still have lag. Its not as smooth as the 106. I have therefore since reverted back. Its new drivers still have a minor lag and jittery when opening folders, and moving safari around etc..

Its a huge improvement than before the new kexts and new drivers, but its just not as smooth overall.

Last edited:
Ive installed the new patched kexts from the users recently uploaded here and replaced the older ones in EFI/Kexts/other.
I also installed the new Nvidia driver.

I definitely still have lag. Its not as smooth as the 106. I have therefore since reverted back. Its new drivers still have a minor lag and jittery when opening folders, and moving safari around etc..

Its a huge improvement than before the new kexts and new drivers, but its just not as smooth overall.

For me the new patched kexts with .103 driver, the system performs way better than with .106. Totally smooth and no lag whatsoever. SIP completely disabled 0x67, using emulated NVRAM with Clover and no boot flags for loading the video drivers.

I also have nothing in /Library/GPUBundles.
If you always have SIP disabled (or enabled --with-fs --with-kext) that folder should be empty. Problems (with booting/web driver not starting) arise if you start changing the SIP setting e.g. to install web drivers. Seems not to be the cause of OpenGL problems anyway i tested with SIP enabled/disabled + with staged bundles and without, with and without NvidiaGraphicsFixup 1.2.5 (with defaults/no -ngfx options).

If you always have SIP disabled (or enabled --with-fs --with-kext) that folder should be empty. Problems (with booting/web driver not starting) arise if you start changing the SIP setting e.g. to install web drivers. Seems not to be the cause of OpenGL problems anyway i tested with SIP enabled/disabled + with staged bundles and without, with and without NvidiaGraphicsFixup 1.2.5 (with defaults/no -ngfx options).
Does WebGL/OpenGL work for you? If so, what's the secret? :D

For me the new patched kexts with .103 driver, the system performs way better than with .106. Totally smooth and no lag whatsoever. SIP completely disabled 0x67, using emulated NVRAM with Clover and no boot flags for loading the video drivers.

Exactly the same with you except I have shikigva=1 to prevent iTunes crashes.
Wonder why we have such a difference in performance..

Does WebGL/OpenGL work for you? If so, what's the secret? :D
Yes it works. I tried to break it but couldn't, only used my own installer script though because its fast and repeatable and i know what it does.

Exactly the same with you except I have shikigva=1 to prevent iTunes crashes.
Wonder why we have such a difference in performance..

Maybe it has to do something with the video card - yours is 1080ti, newer architecture ... maybe someone with similar video can test and share results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back