Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 (387.10.10.10.25)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checking - does anyone running on a GeForce 9xx have the latest web drivers (156) running properly?

I've no issue with my setup, Core i7 4770k Haswell + KFA2 HOF GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6Go, with a iMac 14,2 SMBIOS which is also a Haswell + GeForce based iMac.

I've read on InsanelyMac that the issue is probably when the SMBIOS used doesn't fit enough with the real hardware, and in that case the .156 driver go in eGPU mode (for which there are also issues with real macs and .156 driver). Meaning if you have a PC with Skylake and a GeForce, you would need a SMBIOS of a real mac that comes with such combination to have the .156 driver work correctly, which obviously doesn't exist.

So for people having lags with .156 driver, being with Hackintoshes or eGPU setup on real Macs, you'll indeed just have to wait that the driver is fixed for these scenarios.

I've no issue with my setup, Core i7 4770k Haswell + KFA2 HOF GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6Go, with a iMac 14,2 SMBIOS which is also a Haswell + GeForce based iMac.

I've read on InsanelyMac that the issue is probably when the SMBIOS used doesn't fit enough with the real hardware, and in that case the .156 driver go in eGPU mode (for which there are also issues with real macs and .156 driver). Meaning if you have a PC with Skylake and a GeForce, you would need a SMBIOS of a real mac that comes with such combination to have the .156 driver work correctly, which obviously doesn't exist.

So for people having lags with .156 driver, being with Hackintoshes or eGPU setup on real Macs, you'll indeed just have to wait that the driver is fixed for these scenarios.

In my testing, SMBIOS has absolutely nothing to do with it. The lag primarily only affects Skylake and newer systems.

I have the same configuration and SMBIOS as you, except a Geforce 1080TI and experience no lags with new 156 version of the nvidia webdriver.
I fear as you too, that NVidia has customized its webdrivers on existing real hardfware of iMacs and MacPros. The further versions of the webdriver could have similar behaviour, when installed on hardware with SMBIOS not corresponding to a real Mac.
After 10 days have passed away, why has NVidia not updated its drivers to correct the bug ? I would answer "It's not a bug but a feature."

Just checking - does anyone running on a GeForce 9xx have the latest web drivers (156) running properly?
Yes the issue isn't producing on GTX 970/i5 4460/H81.
I have the same configuration and SMBIOS as you
Well its the 'correct' SMBIOS for the hardware. Hopefully 10 days have passed because they're fixing the driver.

I updated yesterday to High Sierra, and got into trouble when I updated the drivers. Looks like nv_disable=1 doesn't work anymore, so I couldn't boot to apply the AGDPfix. So I uninstalled the web drivers, then I was able to boot into my system and reinstall the .104 drivers and immediately apply AGDPfix as well. Now I'm able to boot fine using the .104 web drivers.

However, even with the .104 drivers, the graphics definitely do seem a bit laggy'er than before. Anyone else experiencing this?

However, even with the .104 drivers, the graphics definitely do seem a bit laggy'er than before. Anyone else experiencing this?

Everything is smooth as silk for me on .104.

Hello everybody. Reinstall 104, but now my gtx750 is not detected by the system. Writes that a 5 mb monitor. At 10.13.2 everything worked perfectly.
Help me how to turn on the video card again

I have mouse lags, UI lags with multiple Safari windows open, mail, messages, fcpx.
MacOS 10.13.4 Beta (17E139j) and I use three fullHD displays.
BruceX test completed in 5 minutes 19 sec on .156 .157, .104 looks better with 1 min and 30 seconds and its i7 4790k and GTX960 on GA-ZA97X-UD5H.
Just to compare, my notebook 2016 15" MB Pro with Radeon 460 4GB completed BruceX test in 19 seconds.
I know that fcpx is opitimised for Radeon but almost 4 minutes difference by changing drivers, c'mon ...

Not yet updated still on 10.3.2 with web driver .104 + Nvidia 1080ti on a z97x and 4790k SMBIOS iMac 15,1

Am I 100% destined to have lag issues using the updated OS and web drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back