Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 (387.10.10.10.25)

Status
Not open for further replies.
New NVIDIA driver (387.10.10.10.25.158) fixed lag issue for my GTX 1050 :)

New NVIDIA driver (387.10.10.10.25.158) fixed lag issue for my GTX 1050 :)
Could you share more details about you kexts and Boot Arguments, please.

It's still lagging on my hackintosh (158 webdriver) :(. rollback to 106. My hardware: i3 8350k + gtx 1050 Ti.
But my brother has no problem with this driver (His hw: i3 4130 + gtx 650 Ti)

He/she is on Haswell. Not surprising that this system is not experiencing "the lag".

He/she is on Haswell. Not surprising that this system is not experiencing "the lag".

So, with 156/157, the lag on my KBL hack (7700K; 1080ti) was far worse and my 2012 rMBP (3820QM; GT 650M) was also affected by lag when using the Web driver, but not the stock driver. Those drivers also seemed to cause sleep issues on both my hack and rMBP.

With 158, the lag on my KBL hack has improved. Sometimes even, when there is no lag, it even feels better than 104. But there is still some lag present, again mostly affecting WindowServer and native Apple applications as well as sometimes video playback. But there is no lag on my 2012 rMBP. So, I'd call it an improvement . . . maybe? But there does still seem to be something specifically affecting SKL+ hacks with Nvidia. Wonder if real SKL+ macs with Nvidia over eGPU are still having issues with 158 . . .

Now if you do "strings" on the GeForceWeb kext, you'll see that there are special processes that are specifically named in the driver, like Finder, WindowServer, loginwindow, Safari, etc. So, the driver is doing something special for them, but I don't understand what yet . . . I wonder if this is actually what is broken on SKL+ . . .

Last edited:
So, with 156/157, the lag on my KBL hack (7700K; 1080ti) was far worse and my 2012 rMBP (3820QM; GT 650M) was also affected by lag when using the Web driver, but not the stock driver. Those drivers also seemed to cause sleep issues on both my hack and rMBP.

With 158, the lag on my KBL hack has improved. Sometimes even, when there is no lag, it even feels better than 104. But there is still some lag present, again mostly affecting WindowServer and native Apple applications as well as sometimes video playback. But there is no lag on my 2012 rMBP. So, I'd call it an improvement . . . maybe? But there does still seem to be something specifically affecting SKL+ hacks with Nvidia. Wonder if real SKL+ macs with Nvidia over eGPU are still having issues with 158 . . .

Now if you do "strings" on the GeForceWeb kext, you'll see that there are special processes that are specifically named in the driver, like Finder, WindowServer, loginwindow, Safari, etc. So, the driver is doing something special for them, but I don't understand what yet . . . I wonder if this is actually what is broken on SKL+ . . .

Maybe they (Apple and/or Nvidia) have done something about the Spectre and Meltdown vulnerabilities which leads to those lags on Skylake+ processors. Those CPU's have been patched first. I do not know if it is possible, but trying .158 drivers on 10.13.1 for example (before Apple patch AFAIR) and Skylake+, it could be nice to see the results.

I have only audio and ethernet kext in clover, boot argument is only kext-dev-mode=1

I experienced lag issues, lagging windowserver especially on gpu load. Window and mouse lags in system was getting worse after after 2 days of running and system had to be rebooted. World of Warcraft on high details was able to crash windowserver and system had to be rebooted. Now i am experiencing no lag, but i have another problem. Mac was running over night and window server is now consuming 7GB of ram so i guess there is some new memory leak :/

The last time (10.3.3 update) I managed to install .106 driver with webdriver.sh from @vulgo . This time with supplemental update instead the script doesn't worked at all, installation successful but black screen, tried many times. So I tried the other method to fix the installation package with Repackager from @bogdanw and @Pavo . So I did the classic SIP procedure 0x00->Reboot->Setup .106 Repackaged->Insert Nvidia->0x67 and it seems to has worked but I got this message that macOS is using default drivers even if everything works. Someone can please say me if is just normal because of the edited package or if it is really not using the Nvidia Web Drivers, so I've to find another way to install .106? Thanks.

Schermata_2018_02_23_alle_14_06_23.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back