Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.0 (378.10.10.10.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, looks like sip codes changed in high Sierra. Can I get more codes like you're described?
https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2017/07/15/sip-system-integrity-protection-changes-for-high-sierra/
Thank you
Press 'o' at the Clover boot menu to enter options. System Parameters -> System Integrity Protection

From here you can set the individual bits of the CSR bit mask. Changing the flags does not update the hex value instantly, leaving the menu and re-entering, your changes can be seen.

Clover parses the value in config.plist then sets the known CSR bits individually, so the values you can reach with that menu represent all possible csr-active-config values that can be passed to boot.efi with that version of Clover.

If your config is good try disabling SIP using 0x2EF. 0x67 is from 10.11, you'll get the installer warning and not the security prompt but the drivers should load ok.

Installing everything fresh with CSRActive Config 0x2EF didn't quite work. It didn't go into a boot loop after installing the web drivers and of course I got the "error message" when installing the web drivers, On reboot, my displays didn't show anything but it did initialize my 2nd display, the screens stayed blank and I could sort of VNC into it.

So I added https://github.com/mologie/NVWebDriverLibValFix/releases - to Kexts\Other and rebooted. This did not fix it.

I removed web drivers, left in NVWebDriverValFix and booted back in with CSRActive Config to 0x0. Getting back to the desktop, I was greeted with "Nvidia tried to use a system extension but was blocked". I assume this is because the sys prefs applet was still there. Anyway, I went into gatekeeper and said to allow, then installed the web drivers again. No error during the install but a "System Extension Blocked" message. Allowed in Gatekeeper, the driver install finished. Changed CSRActive Config back to 0x67 removed NVWebDriverValFix and Rebooted BOOM In!

So it looks like you do need some SIP "****ery".

And possibly NVWebDriverValFix at some point if you borked the library.

The only difference is I installed to an External USB drive this time.

When i say I removed the Web Drivers, I deleted everything from S/L/E L/E that had an nvidia or geoforce web type thing in the name.

Attachments

• Screen Sharing Picture October 16, 2017 at 4.28.16 AM EDT.png
    Screen Sharing Picture October 16, 2017 at 4.28.16 AM EDT.png
    8.1 MB · Views: 147
Last edited:
Installing everything fresh with CSRActive Config 0x2EF didn't quite work. It didn't go into a boot loop after installing the web drivers and of course I got the "error message" when installing the web drivers, On reboot, my displays didn't show anything but it did initialize my 2nd display, the screens stayed blank and I could sort of VNC into it.

So I added https://github.com/mologie/NVWebDriverLibValFix/releases - to Kexts\Other and rebooted. This did not fix it.

I removed web drivers, left in NVWebDriverValFix and booted back in with CSRActive Config to 0x0. Getting back to the desktop, I was greeted with "Nvidia tried to use a system extension but was blocked". I assume this is because the sys prefs applet was still there. Anyway, I went into gatekeeper and said to allow, then installed the web drivers again. No error during the install but a "System Extension Blocked" message. Allowed in Gatekeeper, the driver install finished. Changed CSRActive Config back to 0x67 removed NVWebDriverValFix and Rebooted BOOM In!

So it looks like you do need some SIP "****ery".

And possibly NVWebDriverValFix at some point if you borked the library.

The only difference is I installed to an External USB drive this time.

When i say I removed the Web Drivers, I deleted everything from S/L/E L/E that had an nvidia or geoforce web type thing in the name.
Thanks for the information. I've made a script that uninstalls previous web driver, downloads the driver package then tries to user-approve the kexts before installing and rebuilding the caches, hoping this might allow for clean installs without changing the SIP settings which is not really ideal. Credit to Pike R Alpha's for his documentation here.

Attachments

• altnvweb.sh.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
After a successful and painful install I was pretty optimistic with my results.
Screen Shot 2017-10-16 at 19.09.45.png

But after a while, I started to realise that I'm facing a serious problem.
I've seen screens like this:
Screen Shot 2017-10-16 at 18.10.39.png Screen Shot 2017-10-16 at 19.13.16.png Screen Shot 2017-10-16 at 18.11.24.png
I'm begging for your help.

Thanks for the information. I've made a script that uninstalls previous web driver, downloads the driver package then tries to user-approve the kexts before installing and rebuilding the caches, hoping this might allow for clean installs without changing the SIP settings which is not really ideal. Credit to Pike R Alpha's for his documentation here.

Cool. I would try it out but not sure at which point to use it. If you bork after installing the web drivers once, you can't get back in to run the script without removing the drivers.

New driver out https://images.nvidi...0.10.15.120.pkg

Just follow ILikeHackintosh's guide if you're worried: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...er-on-high-sierra-black-screen-panics.234390/

Just make sure like he says

Use only the latest:

BTW: All I did was open and mount EFI and open your EFi/config.plist inside clover configurator, enable SIP in Rt Variables panel (ie CsrActiveConfig= 0x00) save your config and reboot. When you're back in, install nvidia driver, DONT REBOOT, open clover again and change CsrActiveConfig back to 0x67. Now reboot. Polish up CUDA if required. Done.

Enjoy
Metal: Supported, feature set OSX_GPUFamily1 v2

Last edited:
Interesting note: in the comments Pike R Alpha says he runs his system with SIP fully enabled and loads all unsigned kexts via the boot loader. I know this is pushing against years of inertia in this community and a bit like tilting at windmills, but it really seems like that's how things should be run in general. Guess I'm experimenting tonight...

Interesting note: in the comments Pike R Alpha says he runs his system with SIP fully enabled and loads all unsigned kexts via the boot loader. I know this is pushing against years of inertia in this community and a bit like tilting at windmills, but it really seems like that's how things should be run in general. Guess I'm experimenting tonight...

Yeah fam, you should always load all the unsigned kexts you can from the boot-loader. Vanilla is the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back