Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.0 (378.10.10.10.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting note: in the comments Pike R Alpha says he runs his system with SIP fully enabled and loads all unsigned kexts via the boot loader. I know this is pushing against years of inertia in this community and a bit like tilting at windmills, but it really seems like that's how things should be run in general. Guess I'm experimenting tonight...

Thanks for the information. I've made a script that uninstalls previous web driver, downloads the driver package then tries to user-approve the kexts before installing and rebuilding the caches, hoping this might allow for clean installs without changing the SIP settings which is not really ideal. Credit to Pike R Alpha's for his documentation here.

Interesting note: in the comments Pike R Alpha says he runs his system with SIP fully enabled and loads all unsigned kexts via the boot loader. I know this is pushing against years of inertia in this community and a bit like tilting at windmills, but it really seems like that's how things should be run in general. Guess I'm experimenting tonight...

Yeah fam, you should always load all the unsigned kexts you can from the boot-loader. Vanilla is the way to go.

New driver update:

change Rt Var to 0x0, restart, update and change back to 0x67, restart.

Everything works fine, not sure if changing it back to 0x0 is necessary for updating driver, but I did it anyways.

First of all, I'd like to thank the community of this forum for helping when we're lost. As I sure am right now.
Secondly, please, please, please be indulgent with my english. (I will try to do my best to be clear)

I'm working with a Mac Pro 5.1 mid 2012 (3,2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, ATI Radeon HD 5770 1 Go,
32 Go 1066 MHz DDR3)

I have installed High Sierra ( 10.13 17A405 ) and its latest patch.

To be honest, I'm a very dumb about about OS, drivers. But as a mainstream customer, I read that the latest Nvidia GPU (series 10) could work with Sierra . So I bought a new GPU :
ASUS GeForce GTX 1050 Ti - ROG STRIX-GTX1050TI-4G-GAMING

I have installed the latest beta drivers on nvidia website (even If i saw in the supported product list, that my GPU wasn't there). The drivers installation worked. But when I installed the new card, the screen stayed black (I have waited more than 15 mn, and tried it a few times)

When I put back my original ATI radeon card, the mac pro works.

My question : what did i do wrong. I tried to PRAM the machine (do we say that ?) and still nothing. I have tried for days, to understand, but it's a bit like reading chinese (no offense) to me. If you can help me, link me, advise me, it would be very very nice.

Interesting: True Metal 2 support which I don't remember seeing in the previous driver system report?

Metal: Supported, feature set OSX_GPUFamily1 v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back