Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for 10.10.2 (343.02.02)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a mac pro desktop with 10.10.2 installed. I have a gtx 210 graphics card that works in there now. I bought a gtx 750 graphics card to upgrade it and when i take the 210 out and put the 750 in even with this Nividia web drivers downloaded it doesn't show up with a signal out. I'm using the DVI output. i tried it with the Nvidia web drivers selected and i also tried it with the OS X default graphics driver selected. Both ended with the same and no signal out. The card powers up fine tho when it's in. Should i try putting both in the computer at once in different slots? If this graphics card doesn't work which one will work?

i have a mac pro desktop with 10.10.2 installed. I have a gtx 210 graphics card that works in there now. I bought a gtx 750 graphics card to upgrade it and when i take the 210 out and put the 750 in even with this Nividia web drivers downloaded it doesn't show up with a signal out. I'm using the DVI output. i tried it with the Nvidia web drivers selected and i also tried it with the OS X default graphics driver selected. Both ended with the same and no signal out. The card powers up fine tho when it's in. Should i try putting both in the computer at once in different slots? If this graphics card doesn't work which one will work?
Well, since you haven't listed your motherboard and processor (see Rules), it's kinda of hard to help you - we're not telepathic, at least I'm not. Here's what I did to install my GTX 750 Ti - this post.

sorry i'm newer to mac, been a pc guy before this. i couldn't find more than the system report.
Model Name: Mac Pro
Model Identifier: MacPro2,1
Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Xeon
Processor Speed: 2.33 GHz
Number of Processors: 2
Total Number of Cores: 8
L2 Cache (per Processor): 8 MB
Memory: 12 GB
Bus Speed: 1.33 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MP21.007F.B06
SMC Version (system): 1.7f10
Serial Number (system): G8726040UPZ
Hardware UUID: 00000000-0000-1000-8000-0017F20B25D2

motherboard, 630-7608 :http://www.impactcomputers.com/630-7608.html

I just recently purchased this mac pro, and the computer is pretty powerful but the graphics card the gtx 210 is just bad. I found your directions but i don't really understand them. i have the nvidia web drivers installed. Also there isn't a onboard graphics port. sorry for being such a noob

After following this guide i had 4k 60hz with my gtx 980.
but after a couple of of restarts it won't boot anymore.
so be very careful with this.
I don't know what to do now.
it just gives me a grey screen with a dashed circle now.
:thumbdown:

Can you get in with boot arguments -f -F -x -v if you can, then hopefully previous boot in Console log might give a clue

Martin

Not at my system now.
But i got to the desktop with -x
with -v i saw the bootlog.
it halted after a bunch of lines with "still waiting for root device"
are any of the other lines important?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back