Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for 10.10.2 (343.02.02)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My only experience with Waiting for root device is with USB3, have you recently connected anything to a USB3 port ?

The other lines may well have revealed more, hopefully something like GenericXHCI failed to load.

AFAIK your problem is not really a Graphics issue, are you having to use any npci=0x???? flags ?

Martin

My only experience with Waiting for root device is with USB3, have you recently connected anything to a USB3 port ?

The other lines may well have revealed more, hopefully something like GenericXHCI failed to load.

AFAIK your problem is not really a Graphics issue, are you having to use any npci=0x???? flags ?

Martin

I didn't change anything connected to a usb3 port.
i will upload a picture.
it said also something like warning:IOplatformUtil get cpuidinfo: unknown cpu model
No genericxhci seen so far.

i never used any npci flags. Don't know exactly what they do. Should i try them?
my hack was working perfectly for months until i tried the gtx980 now.
intalled with multibeast.

The unknown CPU model has never been a biggie here. Good for the USB3 issue, then it could be just needing npci=0x2000 adding to the Kernel Flags, so just until we know reboot and type that in, see what happens, if it still fails then try 0x3000 instead

Martin

Have somebody an direct download link. I can not enter the site:
System Message

Please try again at a later time. Sorry for the inconvenience.
And i have this since 1 week. But i need the driver!

I have found the link. Pleas Update the main post:
http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/82983/en-us

The unknown CPU model has never been a biggie here. Good for the USB3 issue, then it could be just needing npci=0x2000 adding to the Kernel Flags, so just until we know reboot and type that in, see what happens, if it still fails then try 0x3000 instead

Martin

ok, thanks!
I got it to boot once with the 0x2000 flag.
that gave the chance to clone the drive. So I have two systems now.
But now when I try to reboot it doesn`t work anymore.
I took a picture of the bootsequence with -v
Any ideas?
should be something minor. When it booted everything was perfect. Doesn´t seem to find the drive or something.

EDIT:
I just got it to boot with -f
Has some graphics errors though

Attachments

• 2015-03-08 10.29.56.jpg
    2015-03-08 10.29.56.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 107
Try adding these boot flags --> Kext-Dev-Mode=1 npci=0x2000 -f

That should get it going again - If it does then set those flags to your org.chameleon.boot.plist, you might be able to drop the -f at a later stage

Martin

ok, thanks!
I got it to boot once with the 0x2000 flag.
that gave the chance to clone the drive. So I have two systems now.
But now when I try to reboot it doesn`t work anymore.
I took a picture of the bootsequence with -v
Any ideas?
should be something minor. When it booted everything was perfect. Doesn´t seem to find the drive or something.

EDIT:
I just got it to boot with -f
Has some graphics errors though

As the message saying your booting is still waiting for the root device to appear.
Ensure that you are using First 3Gbps SATA Port for connecting your OS X HDD.
Ensure that the SATA Mode set to AHCI

While doing the post installation tasks have you selected the option "Drivers > System > AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset" in Multibeast?? If not the rerun multibeast installer and select the above mentioned option install it. Then reboot OS X and check.

Good Luck...!

As the message saying your booting is still waiting for the root device to appear.
Ensure that you are using First 3Gbps SATA Port for connecting your OS X HDD.
Ensure that the SATA Mode set to AHCI

While doing the post installation tasks have you selected the option "Drivers > System > AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset" in Multibeast?? If not the rerun multibeast installer and select the above mentioned option install it. Then reboot OS X and check.

Good Luck...!

Just tried it.
Didn`t work.
I never had a problem with booting before I installed the 980. AHCI is also enabled.
Must be something the driver is causing.
But at least I can boot with -f now.
Maybe check the bootlog?
Where can I find it?

Just tried it.
Didn`t work.
I never had a problem with booting before I installed the 980. AHCI is also enabled.
Must be something the driver is causing.
But at least I can boot with -f now.
Maybe check the bootlog?
Where can I find it?

Boot with -f or -x then open your org.chameleon.boot.plist file and change the option as mentioned below,

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>No</string>

Save it. Reboot without any of the flags and check.

Note:- Believing that you had already added the flag "nvda_drv=1" under kernel flags.

Good Luck..!

Try adding these boot flags --> Kext-Dev-Mode=1 npci=0x2000 -f

That should get it going again - If it does then set those flags to your org.chameleon.boot.plist, you might be able to drop the -f at a later stage

Martin

I can boot with these arguments. Not able to drop the -f though.
Gives me a black bar on my firefox window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back