Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for 10.10.2 (343.02.02)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the same problem! I use Ozmosis which has an old version of FakeSMC.kext built into the bios. Installing the newest FakeSMC from Multibeast into /S/L/E fixed my fan-problem with the GTX 760. So you might check, if your FakeSMC incl. HW-Sensor-kexts is up to date...

I had the system set as iMac14,2 (the iMac with the closest CPU configuration, since I use a Haswell CPU), but switching to MacMini6,2 (as suggested in the thread about Dell 4K monitor) solved the issue.
The FakeSMC was already updated.

Here's the info page for 343.02.02F02
http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/82983/en-us

Try to install with your present configuration. However, if it won't install "on this system,"
you'll need to change your System Definition to Mac Pro 3,1 to use this installer as per the above page notes. You can change back to the SysDef you had before with MultiBeast my just selection the SysDef option:
To install: Customize > System Definitions > Mac Pro > Mac Pro 3,1 then reboot and install the driver, and
To Change Back: Customize > System Definitions > (select your previous SysDef) then reboot.

Update: The nVidia System Preference pane once again froze Hector while installing the updated Wed Driver. I recommend downloading the driver from the nVidia site using the link above. Then, after the install and reboot, repair permissions.

Even if the driver showed the 100% Fan speed issue, I always had no issues installing the Web driver with iMac14,2 and today I got the notification of an updated version even with my MacMini6,2 setup.

Here's the info page for 343.02.02F02
http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/82983/en-us

You'll need to change your System Definition to Mac Pro 3,1 to use this installer as per the above page notes. You can change back to the SysDef you had before with MultiBeast my just selection the SysDef option:
To install: Customize > System Definitions > Mac Pro > Mac Pro 3,1 then reboot and install the driver, and
To Change Back: Customize > System Definitions > (select your previous SysDef) then reboot.

Update: The nVidia System Preference pane once again froze Hector while installing the updated Wed Driver. I recommend downloading the driver from the nVidia site using the link above. Then, after the install and reboot, repair permissions.

Hi Stork - I had a question I was hoping you could answer. Would changing your system definition through multibeast as you're describing have the unintended consequence of changing your serial number? Is it possible to just edit the plist?

Thanks

Hi Stork - I had a question I was hoping you could answer. Would changing your system definition through multibeast as you're describing have the unintended consequence of changing your serial number? Is it possible to just edit the plist?

Thanks
Good point. Yes, it would change your SN. I'll change the post to try to install w/o changing the SysDef since others have had success w/o changing the SysDef to MP3,1.

Good point. Yes, it would change your SN. I'll change the post to try to install w/o changing the SysDef since others have had success w/o changing the SysDef to MP3,1.

Thanks for the response. Just from a purely academic standpoint is the serial number the only thing that would be changed when re-building with sysdef selected in multibeast? In that case people could just copy the serial, change sysdef using multibeast and install and then change back and update serial number in the plist.

Does anyone have a copy of the 10.10.2 driver? The webpage seems to be down. There is no link! Thanks in advance!

I posted this in another thread. This one seems more appropriate.

I had the previous web driver working with 10.10.2 & Clover with my GTX260. The latest driver makes my Hack reboot before the Apple logo. I've been looking for a way to rollback to the previous web driver.

I seem to be in the same boat.
I did find what appeared to be the driver for this website, but when trying to install on Yosemite 10.10.2 it seems to be non compatible.

Does anyone have a copy of the 10.10.2 driver? The webpage seems to be down. There is no link! Thanks in advance!
I'm having the same issue. I have a gtx 750 graphics card and am using 10.10.2. I currently have a gtx210 :( and trying to upgrade to the gtx 750 but kept getting a blank screen when i would start up. So I'm trying to download the drivers first :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back