Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for 10.10.2 (343.02.02)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is ok to boot without kernel cache once, but after it boots ok, you should reenable it, to speed up the booting: since the cache at that point is made on the kext of your WORKING setup, no need to remake it every time.

Usually, as proof, the -f is needed to get a successful boot, but then the computer should work without it.

tried reenabling it.
Won't boot then.
booting feels quite snappy though.
always could get it to boot with -f though.

I am waiting for one for my GTX970on 10.10/2 the link above tells me to return later, so I am guessing they have either withdrawn the experimental option or they are improving on it, either way I cant use my 970 atm...

Yesterday's 10.10.2 Security Update 2015-002 changes the OS X build number to 14C1510. Therefore the NVIDIA drivers package doesn't recognize it as a valid base to install to.

Screen Shot 2015-03-10 at 10.00.48 AM.png

NVIDIA should update the drivers package in the next day or two, but if you find yourself unable to install the drivers, you can temporarily modify the build number as shown here.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...ity-update-2015-002-broken-2.html#post1000340

Please make sure you change the build number back after installing, as it could cause other problems later on. Good luck.

Got everything working with GTX 750ti following this thread. I now get 4k on my Samsung U28D590D using DP.

Thanks for all of the good info!

After installing the security update and then on prompting also 343.02.02f03, this caused my system to kernel panic in NVDAstartup. I had to boot to a maintenance partition and roll back to f01 to force the macos driver to load instead. So I'll stick with the mac os driver for now.

anyone else having problems with f03?
I have a gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 with a zotac GTX285. I am using clover, and my system is setup as a macpro5,1

I had a hellva time updating the Security Update and new Web Drivers. I outlined my pain...err, procedure here.

I installed the updated driver version, but I am still getting an incompatable message. I have Z97X UD7 TH with an EVGA 750 ti

Hi, I just recently installed 10.10.2 on a new build. I bought an EVGA GTX 960 for it, but it's physically removed from the computer right now and I'm running IGPU because the Yosemite installer wouldn't boot otherwise. I downloaded the latest NVIDIA web driver for 10.10.2, but when I try to run the installer, a pop-up says "This is not compatible with your system. This driver requires 10.10.2." I clicked on "About this Mac..." to verify and I do indeed have 10.10.2 installed. Has anyone else seen this?

My specs:
Mac Pro 3,1
Gigabyte GA-H97M-D3H
Intel i5-4690
Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (2x8GB)
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back