Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Just interested, if I have a laptop with NVIDIA® GeForce® 840M Graphics with 2048MB of dedicated video memory, the nvidia is not supported by OS maverics, but what effect would it have? Like I would not be able to run the MAc OS or just not be able to play games on mac OS. THANKS

Just interested, if I have a laptop with NVIDIA® GeForce® 840M Graphics with 2048MB of dedicated video memory, the nvidia is not supported by OS maverics, but what effect would it have? Like I would not be able to run the MAc OS or just not be able to play games on mac OS. THANKS

No idea without complete system specifications.

[h=1]HP envy 15t-j100 Quad Edition
NVIDIA® GeForce® 840M Graphics with 2048MB of dedicated video memory[/h]4[SUP]th[/SUP] generation Intel® Core™ i7-4700MQ Processor
8GB DDR3 System Memory

[h=1]HP envy 15t-j100 Quad Edition
NVIDIA® GeForce® 840M Graphics with 2048MB of dedicated video memory[/h]4[SUP]th[/SUP] generation Intel® Core™ i7-4700MQ Processor
8GB DDR3 System Memory

Quite a few have hacked this laptop. You will be able to use HD4600 only. I don't play video games, but my understanding is HD4600 is quite adequate for casual/light gaming.

I hacked a similar laptop and wrote about it.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-locked-msrs-hp-envy-15-j063cl-i7-4700mq.html

but will i be able to hackintosh it with NVIDIA ?

Yes, but you won't be able to use in in OS X. Best you can do is disable in BIOS or disable in DSDT/SSDT so you can still use it in Windows (dual-boot).

What if I would use virtualbox, would I have to disable the graphics card?

What if I would use virtualbox, would I have to disable the graphics card?

You mean install OS X in a VM? Don't bother... it will suck.

damn it. like I kind of want to get mac os, but it depends how it will perform without graphics card(as i would disable the NVIDIA)

also, the maximum ram to install mac os is 4 gb, but what if you have 12 gb, two slots, each is 6gb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back