Contribute
Register

NVidia Pascal: A new Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they already have Linux drivers it wouldn't cost that much to port them to MacOS, and then free $$ from the hackintosh community. They already are building alt drivers for EVERY .release of MacOS currently which seems silly not to just include pascal support.

If they already have Linux drivers it wouldn't cost that much to port them to MacOS, and then free $$ from the hackintosh community. They already are building alt drivers for EVERY .release of MacOS currently which seems silly not to just include pascal support.

I hope your right but I could see NVIDIA dropping OSX support. They were not supporting the Hackintosh market they were supporting the OSX market and there is no longer an Apple computer that accepts PCIE graphics cards.

I hope your right but I could see NVIDIA dropping OSX support. They were not supporting the Hackintosh market they were supporting the OSX market and there is no longer an Apple computer that accepts PCIE graphics cards.

Granted, this is a bit pie in the sky, but Apple could decide to let it's laptop users natively use thunderbolt PCI expansion for graphics. In which case there would be a reason to provide support.

Nothing to suggest it will happen, but one can cross their fingers.

Edit: Some companies like BizonBox claim 'out of the box' compatibility with OSX, no mention of disabling SIP anywhere. You can only hope that companies like Bizon, AKiTiO and Sonnet are gently twisting Nvidias arm over Pascal to add value to their products.

Last edited:
Edit: Some companies like BizonBox claim 'out of the box' compatibility with OSX, no mention of disabling SIP anywhere. You can only hope that companies like Bizon, AKiTiO and Sonnet are gently twisting Nvidias arm over Pascal to add value to their products.

Are they saying that the expansion port works with OSX or the graphics cards work with OSX? The key difference is that OSX has had NVIDIA drivers in the past and still does, but that does not mean that the new pascal cards will do so.

Are they saying that the expansion port works with OSX or the graphics cards work with OSX? The key difference is that OSX has had NVIDIA drivers in the past and still does, but that does not mean that the new pascal cards will do so.

Sorry, to be clear:

The 'out of the box' compatibility they claim is only with reference to non-pascal cards (pascal cards on their site specifically state Windows Only). What I meant was that previously you had to disable System Integrity Protection to get an eGPU working, but there is no mention of this on the Bizon website, just a driver install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back