Contribute
Register

NVidia Pascal: A new Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noting on that link gives me any hope for Pascal drivers for macOS.

The following NVIDIA video looks at the direction NVIDIA sees as the future in GPU development. Think about similar Apple projects. This is actually good for PC hardware cards in the future as development costs will partly be funded by future vehicle development systems.

Aren't the 1000-series on Cuda 8?

Odd tidbit.

UNIFIED MEMORY SUPPORT ON MAC OS X
In addition to Pascal support in CUDA 8, CUDA 8 platform support for Unified Memory expands to Mac OS X. Now developers using Macs with NVIDIA GPUs can take advantage of the benefits and convenience of Unified Memory in their applications.

I just chatted with a nVIDIA support agent and asked about future Pascal support in MacOS. He/she said that they were not designed for Macs but primarily Windows (even though there is Linux support). The person had no idea if drivers for MacOS will be released.

I just chatted with a nVIDIA support agent and asked about future Pascal support in MacOS. He/she said that they were not designed for Macs but primarily Windows (even though there is Linux support). The person had no idea if drivers for MacOS will be released.

not even remotely surprised.

Since the Classic Mac Pro tower is basically dead it makes no sense for Nvidia to produce macOS drivers. There are a small number of Classic Mac Pros left that can even run Sierra so why would they invest in writing Mac drivers? Even if the Late 2013 MP gets a refresh it's pretty much a sure thing that it would use dual AMD gfx cards.

Its sad because I want them to have the drivers because I already have my 1080 and love it, however I think this statement is so on point that it sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back