Contribute
Register

Nvidia GTX 1080 + LG Ultrafine 5K full 5K@60hz Success!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, this patched kexts are working in 10.13.5 as well? I am thinking to buy Nvidia card like Titan Xp but I am afraid of the monitor will not working well with it. Anybody can confirm this? Please-

Try the attached NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext that I built today after I upgraded 10.13.5.

Attachments

• NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext.zip
    39.6 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
Try the attached NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext that I built today after I upgraded 10.13.5.
Works like a charm!
THANKS!!!

Thank you for Sharing, I think you are the only one person to patch for Ultrafine + Nvidia card. But only one person would be hard to keep this solution working for each update coming up. I very appreciate your hard work. Recently I installed 10.14 Beta for Test purpose. Have you tried it with your patched kext? or Would you plan to update soon?

/// NVM, My bad for the last question. We have to wait for Nvidia drivers for 10.14 :))

Thanks for updating aerror!

Unfortunately no luck so far; I've upgraded to 10.13.5, and the LG 5k stays with a black screen (with the new NvidiaGraphicsFixup)

Should the new NvidiaGraphicsFixup kext work with together the CoreGraphicsFixup, Lilu and boot params attached in your first post?

I have collected some logs while connecting & disconnecting the LG 5k.

Also it seems that Macos can see the display; it is clear that the machine switches from 1 display to using 2 displays. Also in System info i can see the LG 5k.
However the LG5k stays black, the backlight doesn't even seem to activate.

Another thing that used to work before: connecting a Macbook Pro to the screen to 'reset' it, and then connecting the hackintosh. This trick doesn't work anymore either.

Attachments

• lg5kconnect_log_stream_debug.txt
    192 KB · Views: 435
Yes it works great at 5K in Windows. Also on macos (before the latest update though)

Thank you for Sharing, I think you are the only one person to patch for Ultrafine + Nvidia card. But only one person would be hard to keep this solution working for each update coming up. I very appreciate your hard work. Recently I installed 10.14 Beta for Test purpose. Have you tried it with your patched kext? or Would you plan to update soon?

/// NVM, My bad for the last question. We have to wait for Nvidia drivers for 10.14 :))
I have install 10.14 , but the web driver is not work after patching , so I have not do anything.

Thanks for updating aerror!

Unfortunately no luck so far; I've upgraded to 10.13.5, and the LG 5k stays with a black screen (with the new NvidiaGraphicsFixup)

Should the new NvidiaGraphicsFixup kext work with together the CoreGraphicsFixup, Lilu and boot params attached in your first post?
Yes , they works together or individual. Did you connect the cable right? had you check it in windows?

WhateverGreen now replaces NvidiaGraphicsFixup, IntelGraphicsFixup, CoreGraphicsFixup, and Shiki. I think this LG 5K fix should be a new and separate kext, maybe called something like Nvidia5KFixup. Maybe it could take a parameter nv5Kdisp=xxxx:xxxx to set the EDID display vendor and device IDs so it could possibly work with other dual DisplayPort displays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back