Contribute
Register

Nvidia GTX 1080 + LG Ultrafine 5K full 5K@60hz Success!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asrock x299 Designer+
CPU
i9-7900x
Graphics
zotac gtx1080 TI
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Hi, this patched kexts are working in 10.13.5 as well? I am thinking to buy Nvidia card like Titan Xp but I am afraid of the monitor will not working well with it. Anybody can confirm this? Please-

Try the attached NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext that I built today after I upgraded 10.13.5.

Attachments

• NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext.zip
    39.6 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370-Gaming7
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Try the attached NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext that I built today after I upgraded 10.13.5.
Works like a charm!
THANKS!!!

Motherboard
Gigabyte X299 Desgnare EX
CPU
i9-9900x
Graphics
W5700
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thank you for Sharing, I think you are the only one person to patch for Ultrafine + Nvidia card. But only one person would be hard to keep this solution working for each update coming up. I very appreciate your hard work. Recently I installed 10.14 Beta for Test purpose. Have you tried it with your patched kext? or Would you plan to update soon?

/// NVM, My bad for the last question. We have to wait for Nvidia drivers for 10.14 :))

Motherboard
Z87Pro
CPU
i7 4770k
Graphics
nvidia gtx 770
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Thanks for updating aerror!

Unfortunately no luck so far; I've upgraded to 10.13.5, and the LG 5k stays with a black screen (with the new NvidiaGraphicsFixup)

Should the new NvidiaGraphicsFixup kext work with together the CoreGraphicsFixup, Lilu and boot params attached in your first post?

Motherboard
Z87Pro
CPU
i7 4770k
Graphics
nvidia gtx 770
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I have collected some logs while connecting & disconnecting the LG 5k.

Also it seems that Macos can see the display; it is clear that the machine switches from 1 display to using 2 displays. Also in System info i can see the LG 5k.
However the LG5k stays black, the backlight doesn't even seem to activate.

Another thing that used to work before: connecting a Macbook Pro to the screen to 'reset' it, and then connecting the hackintosh. This trick doesn't work anymore either.

Attachments

• lg5kconnect_log_stream_debug.txt
    192 KB · Views: 409
Motherboard
Z87Pro
CPU
i7 4770k
Graphics
nvidia gtx 770
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Yes it works great at 5K in Windows. Also on macos (before the latest update though)

Motherboard
Asrock x299 Designer+
CPU
i9-7900x
Graphics
zotac gtx1080 TI
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Thank you for Sharing, I think you are the only one person to patch for Ultrafine + Nvidia card. But only one person would be hard to keep this solution working for each update coming up. I very appreciate your hard work. Recently I installed 10.14 Beta for Test purpose. Have you tried it with your patched kext? or Would you plan to update soon?

/// NVM, My bad for the last question. We have to wait for Nvidia drivers for 10.14 :))
I have install 10.14 , but the web driver is not work after patching , so I have not do anything.

Motherboard
Asrock x299 Designer+
CPU
i9-7900x
Graphics
zotac gtx1080 TI
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Thanks for updating aerror!

Unfortunately no luck so far; I've upgraded to 10.13.5, and the LG 5k stays with a black screen (with the new NvidiaGraphicsFixup)

Should the new NvidiaGraphicsFixup kext work with together the CoreGraphicsFixup, Lilu and boot params attached in your first post?
Yes , they works together or individual. Did you connect the cable right? had you check it in windows?

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z170X-Gaming 7
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX TITAN X
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac mini
  6. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. LC
  3. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
WhateverGreen now replaces NvidiaGraphicsFixup, IntelGraphicsFixup, CoreGraphicsFixup, and Shiki. I think this LG 5K fix should be a new and separate kext, maybe called something like Nvidia5KFixup. Maybe it could take a parameter nv5Kdisp=xxxx:xxxx to set the EDID display vendor and device IDs so it could possibly work with other dual DisplayPort displays.

Status
Not open for further replies.