Contribute
Register

NVIDIA GTX 580

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah... Tired of waiting ! :|

Anyway, we don't have any choice...
I sold my "old" GTX480 and got a new GTX580 instead...

I never knew that the new 580 fermi boards doesn't work with my apple system :lol:

Work great in windows 7 however :thumbup:

DAMN!!!!

Well I wont be testing my GTX 580 for a while! When playing crysis 2 last night, it took a nose dive, I hate the smell of burning silicon! Gigabyte RMA, here we come!

Hi dude! cant wait for your running GTX 580 Tut! greetings! good luck with the GTX =)

Add me to the list of users waiting for a fix. :(

TBBA said:
So guys...update at netkas page:

new drivers for GTX Fermi cards:
http://netkas.org/?p=764#comments

Don't know what exactly i should do, but i just installed the new drivers, then swapped out the 480 for 580. Funny broken picture again when it is supposed to show desktop. I'm not sure exactly what you should do to get 580 to go to desktop without resolution and acceleration.

lukarak said:
TBBA said:
So guys...update at netkas page:

new drivers for GTX Fermi cards:
http://netkas.org/?p=764#comments

Don't know what exactly i should do, but i just installed the new drivers, then swapped out the 480 for 580. Funny broken picture again when it is supposed to show desktop. I'm not sure exactly what you should do to get 580 to go to desktop without resolution and acceleration.

from the explanation provided it appears you just grab all that junk and drop it on the desktop and install with kexthelper and reboot making sure you use your injector of choice (i.e. Graphics Enabler).

however, if that isn't working... and it never did for me previously, EFI strings may fix it. i'll test this out soon but it'll be a few weeks since i'm swamped with work, mother's day, end of semester papers (grad school), etc.

also, as reported, even if it does boot, it appears to blue/white screen lock up. read rominator's last comment on that thread for details... it can't be discussed here.

Unfortunately these drivers don't work with 5XX series ((

Maybe they too old, 256.XX line, in Windows support for GTX 580 started from 260.XX line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back