Contribute
Register

Nvidia GTX 1080 + LG Ultrafine 5K full 5K@60hz Success!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The screen can't wake up after the computer wakes from sleep, together with the "plug in and pull out to have the monitor working" nuanceare are the only main issues. If it gets fixed then lg 5k and 1080ti is a good match for hackintosh.

The screen can't wake up after the computer wakes from sleep, together with the "plug in and pull out to have the monitor working" nuanceare are the only main issues. If it gets fixed then lg 5k and 1080ti is a good match for hackintosh.

Good to know. Maybe I'll try it. But it may just be easier to get an AMD.

Question for anyone who has an LG + Alpine or Titan ridge: do you see a performance decrease since you're running out of the GPU? Say, if you have a USB-C hard drive connected. Still on the fence about adding this to my build; maybe it's not worth it.

Hello everyone. I got a LG UltraFine 5K display & GC-Titan Ridge recently. When I disable Nvidia WebDriver in Clover, I can login to the system, the resolution is 5120x2880 (though the display recognized as 81.5 inch), the USB speaker, Microphone and camera is OK. but the brightness can't be adjusted.
When I use aerror's kexts & boot-args with one single cable plugged, I can login to the system with 4K. Then plug the 2nd cable, I got 5K & LG UltraFine 27-inch display recognized correctly. but the USB things (speaker, etc.) not working.
System info:
macOS 10.13.6
Mobo: Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5
CPU: 8700K
Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Ti

Hello everyone. I got a LG UltraFine 5K display & GC-Titan Ridge recently. When I disable Nvidia WebDriver in Clover, I can login to the system, the resolution is 5120x2880 (though the display recognized as 81.5 inch), the USB speaker, Microphone and camera is OK. but the brightness can't be adjusted.
When I use aerror's kexts & boot-args with one single cable plugged, I can login to the system with 4K. Then plug the 2nd cable, I got 5K & LG UltraFine 27-inch display recognized correctly. but the USB things (speaker, etc.) not working.
System info:
macOS 10.13.6
Did you add Tunderbolt Hot-Plug SSDT?

The second method should have the speaker working. mine is always, if not you just reboot you will have all the usb functions. In fact you don't need any patch, just use one cable to boot, then connect the second cable after the boot finishes you will get 5k.
System info:
macOS 10.13.6

Last edited:
Did you use boot argument to disable the nvweb or just uncheck the nvweb in system parameters?
Does the graphic work smoothly? Did the nv driver really disabled by doing this? I would only get 4k if nv driver is disabled and tears are everywhere so it's not usable.
System info:
macOS 10.13.6

The second method should have the speaker working. mine is always, if not you just reboot you will have all the usb functions. In fact you don't need any patch, just use one cable to boot, then connect the second cable after the boot finishes you will get 5k.
I put lilu.kext, whatevergreen.kext you uploaded in my 'kexts' folder, and add 'ngfxpatch=pikera' in my boot-args, but i couldn't login to the system. Only aerror's kexts & boot-args works. Could you upload your EFI folder? I want to compare yours with mine. thx.

Did you use boot argument to disable the nvweb or just uncheck the nvweb in system parameters?
Does the graphic work smoothly? Did the nv driver really disabled by doing this? I would only get 4k if nv driver is disabled and tears are everywhere so it's not usable.
In the 1st method , I only uncheck 'use nvidia webdriver' option in Clover. I don't change other arguments in config.plist. Obviously, in the 1st method, the monitor was just recognized by the OS, and no hardware acceleration. It's totally unusable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back