Contribute
Register

NVIDIA GT610 - 10.8.0 -10.8.2 Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
NVIDIA GT610 - 10.8 Fix

Hi all G610 owner,

OK seems that everybody can make display working!!!

But what about audio over HDMI?

I don't success to have audio over HDMI??

DOes this card support it?and HOw?

Thanks

NVIDIA GT610 - 10.8 Fix

1. I bought at GT 610 (MSI) because the new Multibeast release notes indicate a fix the GT 610 issues with device ID. True or not?

2. My build works fine with HD4000 graphics (low res), audio works. But adding a MSI GT 610 causes kernel panic on boot (ML8.2) but it does boot in safe mode (-x); verbose mode indicates its something about the audio? Is this audio over HDMI added by this graphics card messing things up?

Anyway, I am confused as to the state of this card by the new multibeast and issues with audio. Help appreciated.

NVIDIA GT610 - 10.8 Fix

I bought the MSI N610GT (2GB) to install on a older Dell Optiplex 745. Tried everything and couldn't get it to work with the kext from the OP. About ready to give up and throw everything out the window and I figured out my BIOS was very old on that machine. I upgraded to the latest and low and behold it worked like a champ. :) The bios upgrade was a major pain because I had to trash my ML 10.8 install and install Windoze just to install the BIOS update and then re-install ML. Anyway it works great now. I upgraded to 10.8.2 and manually did the device ID fix and it still works great.

One thing I'm curious if anyone knows, the graphics works great with CI/QE and full resolution out of the HDMI port, but I have no audio through the HDMI. Is there a special trick to get that to work? The output device shows two "Digital-out (HDMI)" and both state "The selected device has no output controls".

Thanks for all the help with the fix thus far!

NVIDIA GT610 - 10.8 Fix

I bought the MSI N610GT (2GB) to install on a older Dell Optiplex 745. Tried everything and couldn't get it to work with the kext from the OP. About ready to give up and throw everything out the window and I figured out my BIOS was very old on that machine. I upgraded to the latest and low and behold it worked like a champ. :) The bios upgrade was a major pain because I had to trash my ML 10.8 install and install Windoze just to install the BIOS update and then re-install ML. Anyway it works great now. I upgraded to 10.8.2 and manually did the device ID fix and it still works great.

One thing I'm curious if anyone knows, the graphics works great with CI/QE and full resolution out of the HDMI port, but I have no audio through the HDMI. Is there a special trick to get that to work? The output device shows two "Digital-out (HDMI)" and both state "The selected device has no output controls".

Thanks for all the help with the fix thus far!

You need an edited DSDT to get HDMI audio - see http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/70765-mountain-lion-hdmi-audio.html

NVIDIA GT610 - 10.8 Fix

It Works! i put the kext into my Unibeast USB (replaced the original one) it works PERFECTELY! Full QE/CI, DVD Player works etc. Thanks Beelzebozo!

NVIDIA GT610 - 10.8 Fix

just bought one of this card an asus silent 610 2GB, thought it would work, it doesn't.

what about 2GB the first post if for 1GB only ?

is there anything new with 10.8.3?

right now i'm wondering if i should keep this card and patch my system, or maybe return it for a 640 which should be more compatible...

i had a 520 which doesn't work either in 10.8 but fine in 10.7 :(

i compared them, 610 and 520 and almost identical.

NVIDIA GT610 - 10.8 Fix

No problems at all with 10.8.3.

Install the combo update then, before reboot, edit the NVDAStartup.kext and insert 0x104010de&0xffe0ffff in the IOPCIMatch. Fix permissions and reboot.

NVIDIA GT610 - 10.8 Fix

Yes, Sir! It Works! ML 10.8.3 Sentey GeForce GT 610 1024 Gb DDR 3. Thanks! :thumbup:

NVIDIA GT610 - 10.8 Fix

UPDATE: Figured this out, had to update the NVDA Kext and then it worked.

I'm getting this KP with the Asus GT610 2gb version. It boots fine with the integrated gfx of the G2020 but this happens
when I put the Asus card in. I've already injected the device id for the card. Can anyone help !

Attachments

• DSCN0048.jpg
    DSCN0048.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1,653
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back