Contribute
Register

nVidia GT540M Development

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still waiting for GT 540M...

And i'm still waiting to get rich...

Sorry for my bad language! I was a bit angry I spent so much time and work to get a cheap mac and no I see that my GT540M is not supported. I didn't read the whole topic, but I have a question:
Why you don't create a kext that only detect the nVidia GT540M and its VRAM?? In the original MacBookPro there's Intel HD3000 and AMD Graphics and on newest MacBookPro theres also an nVidia Graphic. So I think that Mac support Optimus or something where I can switch between 2 GPUs.
DoiX said:

emshomar said:
Sorry for my bad language! I was a bit angry I spent so much time and work to get a cheap mac and no I see that my GT540M is not supported. I didn't read the whole topic, but I have a question:
Why you don't create a kext that only detect the nVidia GT540M and its VRAM?? In the original MacBookPro there's Intel HD3000 and AMD Graphics and on newest MacBookPro theres also an nVidia Graphic. So I think that Mac support Optimus or something where I can switch between 2 GPUs.
DoiX said:

It seems strange, but it is not!

Real Mac use gMUX tecnologies for swiching video card, with the help of a dedicated chip.
On a PC only Muxed / Muxeless technology in bios.
This is really different!

Only hope, if you disable integrated videocard, or be able to disable in bios the exchange technology,
and try only with AC adapter or Battery mode (Fixed/Dynamics) to see when there is the power supply,
discrete videocard Work!

@emshomar, it's ok. Unfortunately it's not that easy :) i spent the better half of my spare time on this and i barely scratched the surface.

Getting any Nvidia GT5xxM card to work on OS X is highly dependent on the bios you have and the acpi tables, for my laptop i managed to activate it, but the framebuffer is still closed, OS X can't load the drivers on the closed framebuffer....

To be more specific. Optimus enabled laptops have only one active framebuffer, on the IGPU, the framebuffer for Nvidia is actually a clone of the IGPU one. One must either write a kext to mimic the cloning of the framebuffer or mimic the bios switch using ACPI language, in both cases... without proper information available, you're a blindman trying to create the color red.

If the functionality is dependent on the BIOS i'm sure I will NEVER get my nVidia GT540M to work :problem: My BIOS is extremely locked and there are NO possibility to get that unlocked :crazy: . I hope a software developer will join this thread and develop a tool that get access to BIOS from OS and change from Switchable to Intergrated and so on.

DoiX said:
If your bios is UEFI-Tianos, check this http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-U ... TO?page=18 i know it's not for Asus, but it won't really matter if it's the same bios type :)

I'm sorry! I don't I have UEFI Tianus. I posted 2pics but I can't identify my BIOS!
AJnDR.jpg

lBfV1.jpg

Isn't there a possibility to change without BIOS using DSDT e.g.?

@emshomar

DoiX said:
Getting any Nvidia GT5xxM card to work on OS X is highly dependent on the bios you have and the acpi tables, for my laptop i managed to activate it, but the framebuffer is still closed, OS X can't load the drivers on the closed framebuffer....

To be more specific. Optimus enabled laptops have only one active framebuffer, on the IGPU, the framebuffer for Nvidia is actually a clone of the IGPU one. One must either write a kext to mimic the cloning of the framebuffer or mimic the bios switch using ACPI language, in both cases... without proper information available, you're a blindman trying to create the color red.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back