Contribute
Register

nVidia GT540M Development

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have tried with Mountain Lion GM?

Hi everybody, maybe I've found something that could help in this matter, although it seems to me too simple to be true. Following an idea that I read in another forum, I tried to eliminate all the HD3000 kexts to shut down integrated graphics and it worked, my system booted with ML software graphics: the problem, after that, was to enable my 540M, thing that I could in no way accomplish. I tried the Natit 540M 1GB (my version) but it didn't work, maybe because it is not compatible with ML, as it was tested, so far I know, only in LION. Could someone of you running LION give a try? I would gladly go back to LION to get my dicrete graphics working

thanks

Lets bring the old topic back up, so i tried some kext and it recognized my nvidia but it still doesnt work like i cant get native resolution and QE doesnt work..

Some of us joined forces around a programmer in a site that cannot be mentioned here are built a driver for a trackpad, but without Nvidia sources, doesn't seem like we are having a Optimus driver for GT540M any time sooner.

For the Elan trackpad we did some Linux data gathering for the programmer that led the process. If you know anyone that can do this with us, i'll gladly offer some of my personal time to compile data.

I would be willing to help test, but I think this card is dead in Lion, I have seen that some people can get it recognised in Mountain Lion but still not working.
In the new OS X I have seen that some people are getting it recognised, not sure if it works though. Haven't tested myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back