Contribute
Register

nVidia GT540M Development

Status
Not open for further replies.
It all depends on how they implement it. We need to wait for the first MBP with OPTIMUS ACPI table dumps to analyze them... and of course mountain lion's next DP. I hope to be an easy job but it's a bit of a long shot since apple uses a diff UEFI approach than most laptops... so its still not a guarantee.

Update:

Quoting what i said on another forum...
Hey mackyreddy, unfortunately by deleting the geforce kext you removed the anchor for QE/CI. Also GF100Hal being loaded means no optimus is getting detected. GK100Hal.kext is what we must aim to.

Example: in my brief encounter with 10.7.4 for MBPs 2012 using my moddified DSDT with _PS0 method GK100Hal gets loaded, after analyzing it a bit i found that apple implemented th optimus driver in this kext. And if this is loading it means we are closer to achieving.

Atm im only launching suppositions because i dont have the time to test, anyway i assume that acer users with optimus can get it working on ML by simply editing their DSDT to inckude the optimus chunk of code. On our models its different... the channel from the gpu to the display is closed by default, it needs dsdt patching, and till we find what code does that it will take a while. Like i said i'm only assuming atm, i'll look into it in july to be sure. Either way, the full SSDT/DSDT and IOReg dump from the new optimus enabled MBP will help us. So if you get your hand on them, please do share!

Edit: GK100Hal and GF100Hal are connected to nvdaresman.kext, removing resman forbids the other kexts to load. This wasn't the case before, another worrying thing is that the system is asking for MUXControl when GK100Hal is loaded....

Any news about ACPI and IOReg dump from the new MBP?

Nothing yet.

I have packard bell ts11hr and gt540m 2gb.
i read all posts and flashed unlocked bios .
but my bios isnt have discrete option . But i have some other options (i dont know it and help about) .

some pics

2012-06-20093713.jpg
2012-06-20093726.jpg
2012-06-20093747.jpg
2012-06-20093759.jpg
2012-06-20093814.jpg
2012-06-20093822.jpg

anyone help me ?

Uh, frankly i have no idea...

Try this. Switchable > Special Features: Enabled >Integrated Graphics Devices: Disabled > ASPM: Auto > PowerXpress: muxless dynamic and fixed...

Better ask on some packardbell forum to be sure :)

I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE OF ANY DAMAGE THAT MAY OCCUR AFTER THOSE SETTINGS!

Florin9doi said:
DON'T TRY
Code:
Integrated Graphics Devices: Disabled

I tried this when i flashed bios :D , this disabling notebook's screen.

anilkilic said:
Florin9doi said:
DON'T TRY
Code:
Integrated Graphics Devices: Disabled

I tried this when i flashed bios :D , this disabling notebook's screen.
disable, or with backligth?
...curiosity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back