Contribute
Register

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I found solution for anyone else out there struggling the same....

In addition to P1LGRIM's comment of changing to:

iMac13,1

Many thanks by the way.

I also found this on another forum which seems to have sorted the problem:

GTX 770 here. For me, the solution to this problem was disabling (removing) the kexts for the Intel HD graphics cards. I moved the following kexts out of the folder and ran Kext Utility to update.
AppleIntelHD3000Graphics.kext
AppleIntelHD4000Graphics.kext
AppleIntelHD5000Graphics.kext
AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext
After rebooting, I had no more problems with crashes and weird-looking videos on iTunes or QuickTime Player.

Good luck to anyone else out there!

Just got an EVGA GTX 760 SC. Fired up the Hack and no signal from my integrated graphics to set up the GE= No. So I plugged my DVI cable into the 760. Perfect signal. I did NOTHING. YouTube seems to work so far. I'll be doing more testing and setting it up for CUDA use in Adobe. I'm sure there's a "Solved" post around here, but I have no issues so far.

Screen Shot 2014-10-11 at 10.32.23 PM.png

I have the same issue. I had a Sparkle GTX 460 (Fermi) and two seperate OSX installations (10.6 and 10.8) which worked great. This month my gfx gave up and I had to replace it with the tonymac's designated Gigabyte 760 GT (my model is GV-N760WF2OC-2GD). Now, the old OSX 10.6 installation still works fine without any modifications with the new gfx. However, my newer 10.8 installation stopped booting and I'm getting a white screen (after the apple icon screen) by default (my setup has GraphicsEnabler=Yes) or a no-monitor-signal screen when I'm using GraphicsEnabler=No. Also I've tried creating USB installers for 10.9 and 10.10 OSX which have exactly the same issue no matter the boot flags.

I've done my reading in the forums and I have already tried all different combinations with GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No, npci=0x2000/3000, PCIRootUID=0/1, nv_disable=0/1 and of course I'm always booting with -v and -x. Also, I can't boot with -s for the same reasons.

Have a look at my system.log file from my 10.8 installation. The problematic gfx shows at 1-Oct and my issue with the new gfx at 15-Oct.
system.log file link (2.3Mb): https://www.dropbox.com/s/cex0snofs4...ystem.log?dl=0

Ideally I would like to avoid a clean installation. Any thoughts? Thank you in advance for your time.

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Every time i plug in my ASUS Geforce GTX 760 2GB GPU i get no Video output from the GPU or the Motherboards integrated graphics... My Mobo is ASUS P8Z77vlx, When i take out the GPU The graphics on the Mobo Works?? Some one help[/FONT]:rolleyes:

Every time i plug in my ASUS Geforce GTX 760 2GB GPU i get no Video output from the GPU or the Motherboards integrated graphics... My Mobo is ASUS P8Z77vlx, When i take out the GPU The graphics on the Mobo Works?? Some one help:rolleyes:

Check that your motherboard UEFI/BIOS is set to use the GTX 760 in the correct slot and disable the internal graphics.

You will need to run Mavericks or Yosemite to use the GTX 760 card (your profile is showing Mountain Lion), use the bootflag GraphicsEnabler=No at the Chimera screen.

Edit: I am seeing that some others are having problems where HDMI may be working in the UEFI/BIOS but not after that. It is looking like there may be an issue in Yosemite with certain ports on some of these cards.

Thanks for the response, i changed my settings in BIOS to IGPU and intergrated graphics are working with the card in now... just getting stuck on the apple logo with the spinning wheel that freezes... any ideas

Thanks for the response, i changed my settings in BIOS to IGPU and intergrated graphics are working with the card in now... just getting stuck on the apple logo with the spinning wheel that freezes... any ideas

Your i5 processor has HD2500 graphics from memory which are unsupported in OS X. If you boot using -v the text probably stops around bluetooth controller. This points to graphics not initialising and the process appears to hang.

Can you not get any output from the GTX 760 card when using the UniBeast installer? Can you confirm this is the case with all outputs (15 pin d-sub included)

Try
Code:
 GraphicsEnabler=No -v -x
Note - Bootlegs are case sensitive & spelling errors render them void.

Hi guys, stuck at one point.
My first time maverick os installation. Got audio output and ethernet working, but my max screen definition 1280x720? Graphic Card 760gtx . GraphicEnabler=No GraphicMode=1920x1080x32 not working.:crazy:got my eyes running wild.

Little addition: i'm trying with DVI-output, connected to display with VGA-adapter. Work fine via HDMI on my tv, but sad truth is what my display have only VGA slot:(

Hi guys, stuck at one point.
My first time maverick os installation. Got audio output and ethernet working, but my max screen definition 1280x720? Graphic Card 760gtx . GraphicEnabler=No GraphicMode=1920x1080x32 not working.:crazy:got my eyes running wild.

Little addition: i'm trying with DVI-output, connected to display with VGA-adapter. Work fine via HDMI on my tv, but sad truth is what my display have only VGA slot:(

The best solution would be to change your monitor to one that has HDMI and DVI-D inputs. You can try a HDMI to VGA adaptor. 15 pin VGA is not supported in OS X and a time goes on more people are struggling to keep it working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back