Contribute
Register

NVIDIA GeForce 5xx Graphics in Lion [TEST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
dab said:
rdurty2 said:
dab said:
So, any chances to setup Lion with GTX570 directly?

Yeah, people have gotten the 570 to work. It seems that of the following: 560, 570, 580 that 570 users seem to have a bit more difficulty. But like I said earlier all of these hack systems act very different from one another.
My question was about installing Lion directly, without Snow Leo installation. I can't boot to the 10.6.3 retail dvd with iBoot 3.1.1 cause kernel panic. That's what I need to clear - how to install the Lion on my mono with my graphics card.
Thanks.

Just wait a couple days. Tony said he would be releasing a way to go straight to Lion.

Also there has been a way to do this for a bit already...just need to look on that other site and there are directions ;)

jpa said:
shadywack said:
Jordan2Delta said:
......omitted
Update:
Wow. :eek: After waking up from sleep and having no OpenGL I had a first system freeze since ages out of nowhere. I was just browsing the web and not even trying to use a 3d app.
I definitely don't recommend using sleep mode for now.

As of 10.7.2 beta 11C37, OpenGL works after sleep. Slight performance increase.

My nova bench score went up from 1776, mostly because of the framerate. Still crap Cinebench but my xbench score goes from 244 to 312 fps. There's a new GLDriver that also has OpenCL support "out of the box" for my 570. This is definitely a new driver for us to look forward to.

model card? newegg link

This is my card.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... P3-1570-AR

rdurty2 said:
Posting this from 10.7.1

Two things so far, one good one bad.

The good: Boot screen is now full screen for me instead of just the upper left hand corner.

The bad: When NovaBench hits the GPU test instead of seeing the colorful graphic thingys, it just turns into a white box and locks up the system. I can move the mouse around but can't click on anything. Had to do manually power off the system.

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string></string>

That in your boot.plist will fix that, but unfortunatley break your boot screen again.

On another note, I can't get OpenCL to work. The Hex keys aren't there, and the old driver file doesn't work now either.
On 10.7.1

Jademalo said:
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string></string>

That in your boot.plist will fix that, but unfortunatley break your boot screen again.

Always been in my boot.plist ;)

With 10.7.1 I have a fully working boot screen.

rdurty2 said:
Jademalo said:
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string></string>

Always been in my boot.plist ;)

With 10.7.1 I have a fully working boot screen.

Hmm.. The reason I say that is that is the one that causes me to have a screwed up boot screen, since it is actually a Chameleon variable.
Also, when I didnt have that, 3d Graphics didn't work.

TheQuestian said:
rdurty2 said:
10.7.1 was released just a little while ago!

I will be running a full backup and then will install 10.7.1 and report back.

I'm pretty sure there is nothing new for the few files that matter to us. Seems like we have to wait until 10.7.2 for there to be a change or two.
I am interested in this! I've been trying to research how to fully back up and fully restore a Lion install configuration for a while. How is this accomplished?

I'm wanting to experiment with different bootloaders (rather prefer something simpler/text only vs. the Chameleon), but I want to be sure I can get my current system back. Because it is running great!

Maybe I could edit a kext to remove GUI? Either way, very interested in your backup/restore methods! :D

I use a backup program called Carbon Copy Cloner. Its does a bit for bit ( I think) copy of you hard drive, to another hard drive. So you have to have another hard drive that you are willing to wiper and out use for the backup drive.

FYI: It does not seem to copy the boot loader, so you have to install that separately. But usually when I screw up my Hackintosh install to the point that it won't boot, the boot loader itself still works, so I can press a key when that comes up and then navigate to my clone drive to boot off of. Then you can copy the cloned drive back to your main drive.

Thanks! I'll check that out. It may not completely save a system meltdown, but it will probably help greatly.

Small thing, but does anyone know of a flag to remove the lizard from the boot screen? I would prefer just a text boot, and I think it looks kinda goofy. :D

Well after the patch include, without graphics acceleration problem, I leave the modified files for 10.7.1: GeForceGLDriver.bundle 10.7.1.It works for all cards fermi 4xx 5xx, or LuxMark Try it with ratGPU:

http://iparsifal.org/osx

After 10.7.2(11C37) Update

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
        <key>Kernel</key>
        <string>mach_kernel</string>
        <key>Kernel Flags</key>
        <string> PCIRootUID=0 npci=0x2000</string>
        <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>Graphics Mode</key>
        <string></string>
        <key>Timeout</key>
        <string>2</string>
        <key>Legacy Logo</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>GenerateCStates</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>GeneratePStates</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

PCIRootUID=1 => Monitor off
PCIRootUID=0 => Good Work.
GraphicsEnabler No => Yes

OpenCL Patch(/System/Library/Extensions/GeForceGLDriver.bundle/Contents/MacOS/GeForceGLDriver)

x86
search for: EB A8 83 F8 02 7C 15
replace by: EB A8 83 F8 03 7C 15

x86_64
search for: 78 E8 83 F8 02 7C 11
replace by: 78 E8 83 F8 03 7C 11

hexedit did not work 10.7.2
i use 0xed app.

Good Work..
???? 2011-08-17 ?? 10.37.30.png

Attachments

• ???? 2011-08-17 ?? 10.37.30.png