Contribute
Register

NVIDIA GeForce 5xx Graphics in Lion [TEST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, any chances to setup Lion with GTX570 directly?

Good to see most of you seem to get the GTX 5xx working properly. :) I'm looking towards a GTX 570, but how is its performance in real 3D applications (such as WoW)? Also, does the DisplayPort connection work? Haven't seen that confirmed so far.

dab said:

Yeah, people have gotten the 570 to work. It seems that of the following: 560, 570, 580 that 570 users seem to have a bit more difficulty. But like I said earlier all of these hack systems act very different from one another.

Quinoky said:
Good to see most of you seem to get the GTX 5xx working properly. :) I'm looking towards a GTX 570, but how is its performance in real 3D applications (such as WoW)? Also, does the DisplayPort connection work? Haven't seen that confirmed so far.

The 570 is a great card. Honestly if you are looking to play games stick to Windows.

While I'm sure you can get WoW playable on a hack system it will run no where near as good as in Windows.

10.7.1 was released just a little while ago!

I will be running a full backup and then will install 10.7.1 and report back.

I'm pretty sure there is nothing new for the few files that matter to us. Seems like we have to wait until 10.7.2 for there to be a change or two.

UPDATE

After installing 10.7.1 do NOT restart. You will need to re-install your GeForceGLDriver.bundle, NVDAGF100Hal.kext, and AGPM.kext files.

So do that up and then restart.

rdurty2 said:

I'm pretty sure there is nothing new for the few files that matter to us. Seems like we have to wait until 10.7.2 for there to be a change or two.
I am interested in this! I've been trying to research how to fully back up and fully restore a Lion install configuration for a while. How is this accomplished?

I'm wanting to experiment with different bootloaders (rather prefer something simpler/text only vs. the Chameleon), but I want to be sure I can get my current system back. Because it is running great!

Maybe I could edit a kext to remove GUI? Either way, very interested in your backup/restore methods! :D

Posting this from 10.7.1

Two things so far, one good one bad.

The good: Boot screen is now full screen for me instead of just the upper left hand corner.

The bad: When NovaBench hits the GPU test instead of seeing the colorful graphic thingys, it just turns into a white box and locks up the system. I can move the mouse around but can't click on anything. Had to do manually power off the system.

TheQuestian said:
rdurty2 said:

I am interested in this! I've been trying to research how to fully back up and fully restore a Lion install configuration for a while. How is this accomplished?

I'm wanting to experiment with different bootloaders (rather prefer something simpler/text only vs. the Chameleon), but I want to be sure I can get my current system back. Because it is running great!

Maybe I could edit a kext to remove GUI? Either way, very interested in your backup/restore methods! :D

It's simple to create a clone image. Just download and run CarbonCopyCloner.

Set your Source and Destination drives and hit clone! That's it.

rdurty2 said:
dab said:

Yeah, people have gotten the 570 to work. It seems that of the following: 560, 570, 580 that 570 users seem to have a bit more difficulty. But like I said earlier all of these hack systems act very different from one another.
My question was about installing Lion directly, without Snow Leo installation. I can't boot to the 10.6.3 retail dvd with iBoot 3.1.1 cause kernel panic. That's what I need to clear - how to install the Lion on my mono with my graphics card.
Thanks.

dab said:
rdurty2 said:
dab said:

My question was about installing Lion directly, without Snow Leo installation. I can't boot to the 10.6.3 retail dvd with iBoot 3.1.1 cause kernel panic. That's what I need to clear - how to install the Lion on my mono with my graphics card.
Thanks.
If you're willing to dig a little, I'm sure the users here can help get you booted into SL. To your question, tho, I don't know of anyone who has installed Lion without Snow Leopard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back