Contribute
Register

NVIDIA GeForce 5xx Graphics in Lion [TEST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG new score GTX 560TI HDMI 1080p full HD 24" LED on Mac OS X 10.7.2 (11C35) need to mod AGPM only .. :clap: :headbang:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-08-12 at 12.10.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-08-12 at 12.10.21 PM.png
    158.5 KB · Views: 197
NativeNewYorker said:
AnyColourYouLike said:
Any advancement on getting a non reference GTX 570 fully working? one with device id 1086 rather than 1081?

I have gotten full res and launchpad works pretty smooth. Just no 3D or other accelerated apps work. No games, No VLC, no iTunes visualizers or CHESS!!! ;)

Pretty annoying, im not using my OS X partition anymore until i get another card or its fully supported.

I'm using the ID 1086. I'm getting native screen rez but no OpenGL engine. Freezes every time an app that requires acceleration. I'm going to be patient and wait a little more for Nvidia or Mac or anyone to come up with a fix.

just using my AGPM.kext edit 1200 add your ID here

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-08-12 at 12.15.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-08-12 at 12.15.02 PM.png
    46.2 KB · Views: 196
No there weren't any changes when changing 1081 to 1086. I'll try your method tonight. I'll give it a shot. Where's the link? I must have passed it.

Thanks.

Never mind. I think I found it. Will post results when I get them. Thanks again.

Do you have to install drivers for this card to work?

I added the device id.
I set graphics enabler and graphics mode appropriately.
Set npci=0x2000 (would not boot without this, i also read this should not be necessary, but so far i cant boot without it.)

Now i have video running off the card but im not sure what im missing. I can not change the resolution, its set at something like 1024x768.

Do i need the quadro drivers?
http://www.nvidia.com/object/quadro-mac ... river.html

Do i need the cuda drivers?
http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-cud ... river.html

Do i need the GeForceGLDriver.bundle ?
(i have no idea where to get this or what to do with it once i have it)

Hey donuthands,

You should start by checking if your card is on the supported video cards list at nvidia for both quadro and cuda drivers.

I don't want to get it wrong so I will leave it up to someone else who's an expert with these kinds of files. I did follow a guide (VicViper Pg 1 on this thread) and just copied GeforeceGLDriver file over the original ones in the system/library/extensions folder. I'd back the original one up before proceding. Incase you need to backtrack. When things went wrong I'd boot into a seperate partition with Snowleopard to access Lion's folders and redo what I did wrong. Just rebuild cashes with multibeast and point to Lion's drive. And it should return as it was before things went wrong. But that's just my way of getting around some problems. Please read a few more post on this before you go on. Just to be sure.

Sorry and thanks. Hope all goes well

No Luck. Just can't get that fix in. I will take a break and peek here from time to time but I have to stop for a few days. Thank you tonymacx86 members for your help. After seeing all the errors and problems every one was having with their Lion installations and tweaking, I dove right regardless with little hope. I got farther with my Lion build than I thought I would. It's a shame it wasn't as easy as most thought it would be. That's just too bad. Sometimes things go our way and sometimes not.

Good luck people.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-08-12 at 2.43.02 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-08-12 at 2.43.02 AM.png
    67.4 KB · Views: 185
  • Screen Shot 2011-08-12 at 2.42.35 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-08-12 at 2.42.35 AM.png
    70.5 KB · Views: 173
NativeNewYorker said:
No Luck. Just can't get that fix in. I will take a break and peek here from time to time but I have to stop for a few days. Thank you tonymacx86 members for your help. After seeing all the errors and problems every one was having with their Lion installations and tweaking, I dove right regardless with little hope. I got farther with my Lion build than I thought I would. It's a shame it wasn't as easy as most thought it would be. That's just too bad. Sometimes things go our way and sometimes not.

Good luck people.

I managed to get 2 5xx cards working, 570 and 580. Each time it was the same procedure.
Graphics enabler = yes
Added device ID to NVDAGF100Hal.kext (maybe i misspelled)
Changed device ID in AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext
Downloaded and installed the netkas GeforceGLDriver.bundle from netkas
Added Graphics mode empty string to boot settings file

Each time i installed .kext and .bundle files i copied the originals to desktop, then edited and then used kext helper first, then kext utility, then repair disk permissions.

Also, with multibeast PCIRootUID fix and PCI Config Fix.

lukarak said:
Changed device ID in AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext

I have a problem doing this because my system profile is mac pro 3,1 and if im not mistaken there isn't a string for that. If i change my system profile in most cases (4,1) i get a KP and cant ever log in.

I've tried using my device id (1086) in all the applicable kexts and full support to no avail, i'd like to find someone with my exact card to see if they got it working (full acceleration, 3D ect)

:crazy:

Using the iMac 12,2 system definition dropped my cinebench score from 30 fps down to 10. eVGA GTX 570 here.

Going back to MacPro 5,1

Performance is still godawful, tried all kinds of settings for the agpm.kext. I'd really like to find out more about the settings for threshold high/low and what difference those numbers are suppose to make. I've tried using all sorts of settings, 93/97, etc, nothing will get this card to pull a cinebench score better than 30fps. It should be doing 48.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back