Contribute
Register

NVIDIA GeForce 5xx Graphics in Lion [TEST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
MAXp0wr said:
:oops:
Oops, I assumed 1081.
In that case you will need to use this instead.
Sorry about that.
No worries! I've got the right one, now.

Anyone solve the problem with 2 minute freeze in logon screen with ASUS 560TI?

MAXp0wr said:
TheQuestian said:
My card is identified as 1086, although many are also 1081.

:oops:
Oops, I assumed 1081.
In that case you will need to use this instead.
Sorry about that.
HOLY CRAP! :D

That did it! I seriously am in shock at the difference that made. THANK YOU! :thumbup:

NovaBench is flying, Time Machine and Chess are a joke, I have absolutely no lags, and the whole system just seems like it's on ice skates! I have to go to bed, but I will try to post more info tomorrow. JUST WOW.

TheQuestian said:

That did it! I seriously am in shock at the difference that made. THANK YOU! :thumbup:

NovaBench is flying, Time Machine and Chess are a joke, I have absolutely no lags, and the whole system just seems like it's on ice skates! I have to go to bed, but I will try to post more info tomorrow. JUST WOW.

So what was all that you did? And did you run Lux Mark test does OpenCL work?

TheQuestian said:

Cool, glad it's working for you dude :headbang:
Just know that the card is running at full power with those settings, which for most tasks is fair overkill. Although, until better/official drivers are released it's probably the best thing I can recommend for the smoothest experience.

TheQuestian said:
HoochShepherd said:
How did you get OpenGL going?
I'm not sure if I can say one definite thing that did it. Would you mind telling me what your system status is, currently? I don't mean to be condescending, but I don't know your experience level. So please bear with me if you've moved past all of these steps.

I am certainly still learning, but with roughly 8 or 9 reinstalls, I have learned that your com.apple.Boot.plist files are very important. I used an EFI string (from OSX86Tools) to get my card recognized, and it is currently listed in "device-properties" at the bottom of my boot.plist that I uploaded. I had to set Graphics Mode to null, and I also edited the NV...Hal.kext file in the /Extensions folder. My card is identified as 1086, although many are also 1081. That is important, too.

Once you let me know where you stand, I can hopefully be of more help! :thumbup:

I can't seem to put anything in my graphics mode that makes a difference. blank and I can't boot, null does niltch. I have my card recognized, full reso with the water ripples. OpenGL stuff is a no go for me though. The thumb board game or city of heroes (both use opengl as far as I know. To the best of my knowledge I am running a 1081 and not a 1086. Not 100 sure how to be 100% sure aside from if it works i get the almighty ripples.

MAXp0wr said:
TheQuestian said:

Cool, glad it's working for you dude :headbang:
Just know that the card is running at full power with those settings, which for most tasks is fair overkill. Although, until better/official drivers are released it's probably the best thing I can recommend for the smoothest experience.

I have the same card ID 1086 (EVGA GTX570) I installed the AGPW.kext you linked to and changed my system profile to 12,2 but saw no improvement in my nova bench score. I still have the 2-3 pause in the NovaBench 3d tests. MY 3D FPS results are around 400.

I have added my ID (1086) to the Hal.kext and I have the cards hex string in my boot.plist

How did you use OSX86Tools to create your string. I used gfxutil.

Lerxst said:
I have the same card ID 1086 (EVGA GTX570) I installed the AGPW.kext you linked to and changed my system profile to 12,2 but saw no improvement in my nova bench score. I still have the 2-3 pause in the NovaBench 3d tests. MY 3D FPS results are around 400.

I have added my ID (1086) to the Hal.kext and I have the cards hex string in my boot.plist
I know your frustration! A few things that I hope might help:
First, remember there are TWO com.apple.Boot.plist files! One in your Extra folder, and one in Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration. When I was playing with the one in my Extra folder, result were uninspiring. But playing with the other file made a big difference for me.

Second, here's what I did. I took the com.apple.Boot.plist file I attached in my earlier post, and put it in my /SystemConfiguration folder. I deleted the one in my Extra folder, repaired permissions, and restarted. If I recall correctly, that's when Chess started working. Then I copied the same file into my Extra folder, repaired permissions, and restarted. In this configuration, with the proper NV...Hal, AGPM, and GLDriver files, the system started to destroy benchmarks.

I hope this has helped. I would like to be as available as possible, as I know how maddening it can be, but my wife has just gone into labor this morning, so I might be away. If I get the chance, I will try to upload a folder of my working files for 1086, 12.2 systems. Best of luck! :thumbup:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-09-07 at 7.59.37 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2011-09-07 at 7.59.37 AM.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 190
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back