Contribute
Register

Nvidia GeForce 460 GTX Mountain Lion (10.8.2) All work fine. Instruction and kexts inside!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, this certainly doesn't solve my dock reflection gone issue...

Could you please tell me, why I should install this? I have a PNY GTX 460 and no problems so far. Are there still freezes?
I thought in 10.8.x the "ATY_Init.kext" isn't needed anymore.
What about the most recent (10.8.1) nvidia drivers for Mac?
I use GraphicsEnabler=1.
Thanks

Could you please tell me, why I should install this? I have a PNY GTX 460 and no problems so far. Are there still freezes?
I use GraphicsEnabler=1.
Thanks
Withouth ATY_Init.kext my system start only in safe mode

I use GraphicsEnabler=1.
Thanks

Installation this drivers fix start only in safe mode?

Installation this drivers fix start only in safe mode?

Sorry, that I can't tell you. But now there is a 10.8.2 driver update available from nVidia:
Code:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-304.00.05f02-driver.html
I have NOT installed any additional drivers, my card (PNY GTX 460) is working OOB in 10.8.2 with GraphicsEnabler=Yes.
I just wanted to know, if I'm just lucky for the moment or this is will be a permanent state.

You could backup your drive and try the newest drivers.

Hi all!
During few days i trying start working 460 GTX, now i can say, YUPPPP all working!
Only 3 kext needed:
ATY_Init.kext
GeForceGLDriver.bundle (patched!)
NVDAGF100Hal.kext (added dev id)

Kext's here:
http://www.osx86.net/view/3252-geforce_460_gtx_ml_10.8.2_all_working.html

I have tried this driver, but it does not work, after I installed this driver, the system crashed.

my steps:

1) unzip files and copy them into System/Library/Extensions

2) repair permission and rebuild caches of System/Library/Extensions

3) reboot

then OSX 10.8.2 crashed...

could you tell what's wrong with my steps ?

thanks!

Everything is working fine for me. Updatet SL with ML. Only installed Cuda. Graphics Enabler = Yes.

HELP! I am still unable to update to 10.8.2 from 10.8. When I boot single user I am able to exit into the system, but as soon as I do my monitors act as if they are not connected. I was able to VNC into my system, and I saw in the system information that my video card (NV Geforce 460) was not properly recognized. My MB (GB P67A-UD7) doesnt have any video out, and Im no longer able to VNC in. I tried to install the kexts provided, and I even installed the updated NVidia drivers, but nothing works :banghead:. Thanks in advance for any help :thumbup:!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back