Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASROCK H270 Pro4
CPU
i7-3930K
Graphics
GTX 670
About a year ago started getting KPs, seemingly randomly, but definitely triggered by increased graphics card usage, esp. in Adobe CC apps that use CUDA. Swapped out the GTX 670 for a 980ti, but the problem didn't go away. Upgraded from ML to Yosemite to Sierra, with no improvements along the way. KP reports always list the Nvidia drivers as the culprit.

Have upgraded the power supply, to no avail. This is a heavy duty production machine and the KPs are somewhat catastrophic; is my X79 Sabertooth motherboard dying, is the CPU bad, or something else? (Have run the full Memtest suite, so we can count out the RAM as being a problem.)

I am on the verge of giving up and ditching Nvidia entirely, getting a Vega and upgrading to High Sierra, but I'd really prefer not to do that since I need the four monitor outputs of the 980ti and I haven't seen any evidence of anyone getting that out of their ATI card (due to framebuffer issues, etc). Perhaps related: attempts to get HDMI audio working with the 980ti result in KPs at boot.

Using MacPro6,1 after using MacPro5,1. KPs happened on both.

I can update this with another odd observation that FPS degrades over time; while 60fps video sources played in VLC will start at around 60fps, the video frames get more and more laggy as time goes on (the responsiveness of the OS graphically also lags) — and yet, nothing video subsystem-related ever appears in the console.

Currently getting 24.6 FPS on general system activity with the CPU at under 30% utilization.

I h ave pretty much same problem as u have.

Before it was Asus 680 and there were no problems after i did an upgrade to Asus 980TI I have CP constantly while I'm using AE or AP... :(

Same problems persist on 10.11.6 on 10.12.6... But with an upgrade to Sierra from ElCapitan I see almost no artifacts during AE work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back