Contribute
Register

NVIDIA DRIVER FOR HIGH SIERRA 17G2208

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in the same boat as waipeinan. Would like to get NVIDIA drivers even though I have an older GPU, but somehow I ended up on build 17G2208. Is there a way to change the build without doing a complete fresh install?

I sorted it out by using update via terminal on the desktop build.

first I ran "softwareupdate -l" which showed a security update was available, and then (just to see what happed)
I ran "softwareupdate -i -a" and the restarted the machine as requested by the installer.

my system is now identifying as build 17G5019 which is as it should be on a desktop model.

I sorted it out by using update via terminal on the desktop build.

first I ran "softwareupdate -l" which showed a security update was available, and then (just to see what happed)
I ran "softwareupdate -i -a" and the restarted the machine as requested by the installer.

my system is now identifying as build 17G5019 which is as it should be on a desktop model.

I'm amazed what knowledge you fantastic users have, I had the same problem with my build number after doing a USB installer from my MBP, and your tip solved it! After applying the terminal update, machine restartet 2-3 times and now I can install the Nvidia drivers which worked flawless! Thank you!

rather than knowledge I simple tried it and was happy it worked..... ad am very happy it's now helping others....\>

I also ended up several times in 17G2208. I am installing it to a NVMe m2 drive that shows as external in disk utility but I can still use it.

I set the SMBIOS to iMac but when I end up in High Sierra the system info tells me I'm in 17G2208. I can't use the Softwareupdate route because I can't boot for the Install EFI it creates after relaunch.

6 core i7, GA-X99-SLI, Titan X

I downloaded the installer via a 2012 MBP using the High Sierra patcher.

Also, if the software update works, should I be concerned about APFS conversion being applied?

Hey I have acer predator helios 300, and I installed MAC os high Sierra 10.13.6 (17G2208), an I am able to run everything except wifi and graphic card of Nvidia 1060 6Gb, Can anyone help me out for perfect graphic driver??
My mousepad and keyboard is perfectly working, just go to the BIOS & Change mousepad settings from advanced mode to basic and install the normal kext files of ps2 controller.

Please help me to run my graphic card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back