Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Announces 'Pascal' Graphics Drivers Coming to MacOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those having the problem of the display driver not staying on the nVidia web driver: there's an option setting in the latest Clover version 4049 (within the option menu, further down in the pre-boot screen) that has a check box to enable using the nVidia web driver. That's what fixed the problem for me, anyway.

I needed one more step after enabling the check box:

If you're getting black screen on boot on iMac 17,1, remember to disable IGPU in BIOS and install NvidiaGraphicsFixup/Lilu as listed here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-imac-15-or-imac-17-system-definition.183113/ (I did so in EFI/Clover/kexts/10.12)

@Mercy2013

Did you have to change something in the BIOS?
What patch did you use?
For me it just does not work.

The only change in BIOS I had to do, was to set ‘Primary Display’ to PEG, and ‘iGPU Multi-Monitor’ to Disabled.
I already had the other settings in place - as set ‘Launch CSM’ to Disabled, and under Secure Boot set ‘OS Type’ to Other OS.

I use iMAC 17,1 System Definition and I first used the AGDPfix app, but I just booted to black screen.
Then I used KextBeast to install NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext and Lilu.kext as described here (Method 1):
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/

I also updated Clover bootloader to the newest version (r4049), but nothing seemed to work - I still booted to black screen every time.

Then I tried to connect only one monitor, and then I could boot without any problems. But after I changed the other monitors cables from DVI and DP to 2 x HDMI, I could boot with all three monitors. The third monitor is connected with DP.

Hi there,

I'm having hard times with multiple monitor setup...

If I boot with only one DP monitor, it works. If I connect, once with running system, my other DP, it works.

But If I reboot with the two cables connected, only one monitor has signal.

Graphic card: KFA 1080
Latest nvidia drivers
Monitor1: TV Samsung 2016 KS7500 with CAC-1070 (4K@60)
Monitor2: Iiyalma PL288UH (4K@60)

I have SwitchResX installed, if that matters.

Any ideas?

PS: When booting, Clover always goes to Monitor2 (Iiyama), and that's the monitor which remains active once initialized the system.
PPS: Tried with HDMI, DVI, two other monitors and TVs, it's always the same. If there is any other cable plugged at boot time, I have no signal in my Samsung KS7500 (main monitor)

Poor bang for the buck == way more expensive than non Founders versions.

Lol, I meant more with respect to compatibility. My current configuration is better suited for blower style cards.

Lol, I meant more with respect to compatibility. My current configuration is better suited for blower style cards.
We like (and have listed in the Buyer's Guide, Graphics Cards section) the EVGA and Gigabyte because their cards respect the Nvidia Reference Card design, and, therefore, just work...and, as a result, we don't bother to list the Founder's Edition cards, as I mentioned, because they're not worth the extra cost to us cost conscious hackintoshers, among whom are gamers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back