Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Announces 'Pascal' Graphics Drivers Coming to MacOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone seen a marked difference in the performance of video apps like Premiere, After Effects, Resolve, etc...?

Has anyone seen a marked difference in the performance of video apps like Premiere, After Effects, Resolve, etc...?

I wouldn't know about Resolve, since it's been super unstable for me as of late. Though I have obtained FCPX but would have to report back later what it's like. I'll probably benchmark some things later today to see generally how it performs with the current drivers.

I would assume for other cards there's no difference, but for Pascal cards it may not be as fast as they could be. Not sure how well utilized 10 series cards are at the moment.

I use resolve with the 980Ti (2x) but I think only one is being used.

Resolve caps out at a certain point so if your footage is 30fps and you have enough CUDA cores it will cap at 30fps.

They might have made it better in the latest version, I haven't tried. Also their OpenCL performance has gotten really good since Apple pretty much doesn't care about CUDA.

Funny thing. It turns out this new driver + 1080 messes up with my USB ports, SoundBlaster E1 now sounds stuttered, Webcam Logitech C525 missing...

Also, wake it's already broken (no monitor signal after wake).

I'm getting too old for this sh*t, Riggs...

Which is proper thread for troubleshooting with this Nvidia release?

Thanks.

About time.

Only thing I'm reading is issues with multi monitors. Any fixes on that? I have Windows running on my desktop with a tri monitor setup on my 1080. One in DVI, Displayport, and HDMI. Would that work in Mac OS?

Hi !

I am currently running 10.12.4 on my hackintosh with a 1080GTX inside. Everything is smooth except one thing:
When I try to use my Dell up3214q 4k , it is locked at 30Hz over DP 1.2. This screen work with my macbook pro at 4k 60Hz.

Do you have any ideas ?

Thanks.

Planning my first ever Hackintosh build (sick of waiting for a new iMac that might suck).
Very happy to hear about the Pascal drivers.
My first question is: now that we have (beta) support for Pascal. Are there any of you using the GTX 1080 Ti? Trying to find ny confirmed cases of that card working properly.
Secondly: As a first time builder I'm VERY cautious about support of all the individual parts. How would you, the experienced community, rate my planned build. To be used for heavy duty Premiere & AE! The components that worry me are:
i7 6700K
Crucial Ballistix Elite 32GB
ASUS SABERTOOTH Z170 MARK 1
Arctic Freezer i30
Corsair RM650X PSU
ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
Corsair Carbide 400C White

About time.

Only thing I'm reading is issues with multi monitors. Any fixes on that? I have Windows running on my desktop with a tri monitor setup on my 1080. One in DVI, Displayport, and HDMI. Would that work in Mac OS?
I'm using two monitors with my Gigabyte GTX 1060 (6GB) card.

I'm using two monitors with my Gigabyte GTX 1060 (6GB) card.
As am I. SMBIOS iMac14,2 (no agdpfix), monitors on HDMI and DP of 1060. I have not tested booting with two; so far I've booted with HDMI plugged in and turned on DP at macOS desktop. System sleep seems to mostly work, with occasional artifacting that went away after another system sleep or possibly changing resolutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back