Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Announces 'Pascal' Graphics Drivers Coming to MacOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is why I'm excited but on the other hand have doubts if these new Pascal cards and (beta) drivers will cure the Adobe app glitches we currently experience with the so called fully supported Maxwell cards.
In best case scenario these Pascal drivers even include a cure for the Maxwell/Adobe glitches but in worst case scenario nothing changed and the glitches are still apparent for both cards.
I don't want to get the bad news after buying an expensive cards like the 1070/1080 so will take my time and ask around first. Hopefully some good souls are willing to test this out when the beta drivers have arrived.

I don't see many people complain about these Adobe glitches though which makes me wonder if it's only a certain a combo of hardware that is affected (or osx86 only) or maybe only those who use sleep/wake often. It's obviously no use to tone down the settings or even disable them, that would render these cards useless and one might as well use the iGPU.
Its not only Hackintosh problem.
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

THANK YOU NVIDIA!
Nvidias Divers are the main reasons for me for building a Hackintosh. If I'd wanted something with low-performans for work/gaming, I could use a real Mac…
So THANK YOU AGAIN NVIDIA!

Awww yea! All going according to plan. Still need to buy a graphics card for the Hackintosh setup. Now I am confident in the 1080 Ti decision.

Any info on if will still be called the ”NVIDIA Web Driver” as before and simply have added support for Pascal cards?

I was thinking if there will be any changes to the drivers for the Maxwell cards. I'm having this issue with my GTX 970 (in a real Mac Pro even, no hack) where I occasionally get no video after waking the computer from sleep (computer hasn't really crashed – I can still SSH into it from another) so was hoping there there might be some fixes to that. Because I can't imagine I'm the only one having this problem?

Was also thinking there are issues with some games when using the Web Driver. For example everything is red when playing The Witness on a GTX 970 (not the case with a GTX 670 and the Web Driver though) and one gets a ”graphics hit a snag” message when trying to start at game in Duelyst and the game has to quit.

Last edited:
Great news!

Guys, would you reccomend going for 1070/1080(ti) or the new Titan Xp?
I mostly do a lot of graphics editing buy 1070 would be fine for that.
I play in 4K though.

If you Play : ) in 4K, 1080 Ti without a doubt.
I'm using a 1080 on Win10 and 4k is just, just... but but... you know?

Halleluja!

Have been waiting for this quite a while. Planning to upgrade my old Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R - Xeon - GTX 970 rig with a 1080(ti) at least for the time being.

There's one thing tho, I had to step back from Sierra to Yosemite again, since the MoBo wasn't all too happy with 10.12.x and After Effects etc was running as sluggish as a carton of custard...(Build this rig back in the days as video workstation, still serving me pretty properly)

If there's anyone out there who can soothe my mind that the upcoming drivers will run on 10.10.5 (Yosemite) I'll go ahead in advance and scout around for a 1080 deal. If there's a definite 'no-no' or a 'hmm not sure', I'll still get it for a new build, but than later.

Anyone care to make a prediction?

Halleluja!

Have been waiting for this quite a while. Planning to upgrade my old Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R - Xeon - GTX 970 rig with a 1080(ti) at least for the time being.

There's one thing tho, I had to step back from Sierra to Yosemite again, since the MoBo wasn't all too happy with 10.12.x and After Effects etc was running as sluggish as a carton of custard...(Build this rig back in the days as video workstation, still serving me pretty properly)

If there's anyone out there who can soothe my mind that the upcoming drivers will run on 10.10.5 (Yosemite) I'll go ahead in advance and scout around for a 1080 deal. If there's a definite 'no-no' or a 'hmm not sure', I'll still get it for a new build, but than later.

I don't think anyone knows for sure yet, but given their history of not updating older OSX versions to current nvidia driver versions I wouldn't be shocked if it were Sierra only. Their post on the geforce forums says there should be some sort of driver release next week, so I'd just wait.

Go with a new build and keep your current Hackintosh running. Thats what im going to be doing for sure. Good luck!

Halleluja!

Go

Wow! That's really great news! Cannot wait to have the drivers to try out:headbang:

Finally! :mrgreen::headbang::clap:

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back