Graphics
GeForce 8400 GS 512 MB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm pretty new to this forum, but thanks to you guys I managed to install OSX on my new build.

Two issues have left:

My nVidia 8600GT 256MB works perfectly under 10.6.3 with nvenabler, but with 10.6.6 I'm unable to switch resolution without stucking in a blue screen. The same happens when starting a full screen game, which also changes the resolution, but usually with a black screen. I'm not really a coding guy so it is pretty hard for me to figure it out, any help would be greatly appreciated!

The other issue is that under 64 bit I'm unable to use the PS/2 mouse anymore, just under 32 bit (using voodooPS2controller from multibeast install). Is there any fix for that?

For both of the above I looked hard on the net, but couldn't find answer.

Thank you for your help!

dont use enabler kexts anymore, chameleon works goooood for most card now

businessman9 said:
dont use enabler kexts anymore, chameleon works goooood for most card now

Deleted it, repaired and got even worse: now even on bootup I get the blue screen. I can log on only with -x.

What about the PS/2 mouse issue?

cheers

Tried with EFI string with no luck. Still blue screen, no games for now...

I have the same problem with a MSI 8400GS 512MB. On retail install 10.6.3 works great but only with NVEnabler and on 10.6.6 update I get blue screen on resolution change...
Also tried to add device ID directly to NVEnabler and even to NVDAVN50Hal.kext, but with no succes.

Any advice?

JoseDaGreat said:
I have the same problem with a MSI 8400GS 512MB. On retail install 10.6.3 works great but only with NVEnabler and on 10.6.6 update I get blue screen on resolution change...
Also tried to add device ID directly to NVEnabler and even to NVDAVN50Hal.kext, but with no succes.

Any advice?
Do this -> http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=10776&start=12

Thank you karacho for your answer!

I tried it: deleted NVEnabler, ran Multibeast system utilities to repair permissions. I'm using a DSDT system and I always had the "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" and still not working: I get blue screen on resolution change...

I have no idea how to solve this.

JoseDaGreat said:
Thank you karacho for your answer!

I tried it: deleted NVEnabler, ran Multibeast system utilities to repair permissions. I'm using a DSDT system and I always had the "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" and still not working: I get blue screen on resolution change...

I have no idea how to solve this.
You only have that issue when you change the resolution?

well, any time I change resolution, including entering into a full screen game (then the screen is actually black, not blue) and sometimes even on bootin' up I get the blue screen, with no apparent reason for it. My only "solution" so far is to put the machine to sleep and upon waking the blue screen disappears, but obviously this is not how it should be done...

and I repeat it is the same with the 8600GT and the 8400GS, both should work out of the box.(and under 10.6.3 they do)

JoseDaGreat said:
well, any time I change resolution, including entering into a full screen game (then the screen is actually black, not blue) and sometimes even on bootin' up I get the blue screen, with no apparent reason for it. My only "solution" so far is to put the machine to sleep and upon waking the blue screen disappears, but obviously this is not how it should be done...

and I repeat it is the same with the 8600GT and the 8400GS, both should work out of the box.(and under 10.6.3 they do)
This is not yet known to me because i don't play as much. If i play Angry Birds or World of Goo or The Settlers 6 in Fullscreenmode it works fine...the resolution changes automatically. But as far as i remember, i had that a few months ago with my 9600GT on Settlers 6. Screen goes blue and i can't see my Mousepointer to do anything. Only way to come to normal resolution was, i logged out to the login screen with the key-combination to logout. I havn't a solution for you right now...sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back