Graphics
ATI radeon 6870
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Windows Phone
I've built a low budget hackintosh using a Foxconn H67m-S motherboard with a 1155 socket Intel G530 CPU which is 2.4 GHz dual core, 4 GB Ram and an Nvidia Geforce 6200 LE PCi Express graphics card which I bought on EBay for £1 plus postage.

I wanted to use it with Mountain Lion but, it seems Apple no longer support the Nvidia 6200.

I made up a Mountain Lion USB using Unibeast 1.5.1 and this installed Mountain Lion but it would only boot in safe mode.

I found that the NVADResman.kext was stopping it from booting.

I tried using the Nvidia kexts from 10.7.4 and 10.6.8 and eventually wound up with using

geforce.kext
Natit.kext
NVEnabler64.kext
NVDAResman.kext version 1.5.36.25 32 bit
NVDANV40Hal.kext version 1.5.36.25 32 bit
NVSUM.kext

Mountain Lion recognizes the graphics card as a GeForce 6200 LE 64 MB. Open CL seems to work but QE doesn't.

It works using two 32 bit kexts which is not ideal in Mountain Lion.

I used Champlist to intall kexts and rebuild system library extensions cache. Champlist is very god at boot configuration, setting the SMBios and the bootloader theme. I set the machine to be a MacPro 3,1. And the system thinks my Intel 530 is an i7 CPU.

I didn't have a DSDT file and when I tried Easybeast it wouldn't boot and I ended up starting again. I've used Chimera 1.11.1 as the bootloader.

Unibeast loaded with no problems. I used the -x "Safe mode" bot flags on the first boot, then used Multibeast and the chimera bootloader.

It boots normally but I'm looking to get a faster graphics card from EBay, I'm bidding on an Nvidia 8400 and a 9500 both at £1 plus postage so far.

Attachments

• Geforce 6200 LE.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 1,083
I've built a low budget hackintosh using a Foxconn H67m-S motherboard with a 1155 socket Intel G530 CPU which is 2.4 GHz dual core, 4 GB Ram and an Nvidia Geforce 6200 LE PCi Express graphics card which I bought on EBay for £1 plus postage.

I wanted to use it with Mountain Lion but, it seems Apple no longer support the Nvidia 6200.

I made up a Mountain Lion USB using Unibeast 1.5.1 and this installed Mountain Lion but it would only boot in safe mode.

I found that the NVADResman.kext was stopping it from booting.

I tried using the Nvidia kexts from 10.7.4 and 10.6.8 and eventually wound up with using

geforce.kext
Natit.kext
NVEnabler64.kext
NVDAResman.kext version 1.5.36.25 32 bit
NVDANV40Hal.kext version 1.5.36.25 32 bit
NVSUM.kext

Mountain Lion recognizes the graphics card as a GeForce 6200 LE 64 MB. Open CL seems to work but QE doesn't.

It works using two 32 bit kexts which is not ideal in Mountain Lion.

I used Champlist to intall kexts and rebuild system library extensions cache. Champlist is very god at boot configuration, setting the SMBios and the bootloader theme. I set the machine to be a MacPro 3,1. And the system thinks my Intel 530 is an i7 CPU.

I didn't have a DSDT file and when I tried Easybeast it wouldn't boot and I ended up starting again. I've used Chimera 1.11.1 as the bootloader.

Unibeast loaded with no problems. I used the -x "Safe mode" bot flags on the first boot, then used Multibeast and the chimera bootloader.

It boots normally but I'm looking to get a faster graphics card from EBay, I'm bidding on an Nvidia 8400 and a 9500 both at £1 plus postage so far.

ciderpc

I suggest the 9500 over the 8400 - and I bid 2 pounds ...lol

found this at
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=185428&st=20#
on interesting thread about editing the Ati_init.kext by user "pcj"

Its dated and not sure if this is something that you can use

also this

http://osx86.co/f87/help-nvidia-geforce-6200le-driver-for-snow-leopard-t5855/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back