Contribute
Register

NVenabler trouble with GT240 and graphicsEnabler=Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I got my GT 240 showing up properly in systen Profiler as Geforce GT240, after a clean install to 10.6.2 with GraphicsEnabler=Yes I did not install NVenabler.

There is a program called SwitchResX 4.1.3 that allows you to select non offered resolutions, and most importantly, you can set a key to go back to your working default res in case you get the blue screen. I found the older version 3.8 worked better.

I only have older monitors so I could only test via VGA. I was trying to output via DVI-HDMI cable to my Samsung TV. It worked for a bit, recognizing the 1920x1080p resolution. I wanted the menu on the big screen (mistake!) But when I select the 720P res, The Samsung showed "NON SUPPORTED RESOLUTION".

I could not find a way to reset it.

I have yet to get a signal out of the HDMI port. It causes the VGA attached screen to go black.

I have been getting kernel panic so frequently recently until I removed NVEnabler kext and just leave GraphicsEnabler=Yes and so far so good for the last 30min last night. Will see if it crashes again.

GA-P55A-UD3 i7 860
EVGA GT 240 1GB DDR3
8GB Corsair DDR3 PC1600C7
MultiBeast 2.0 GA F8 DSDT.aml

Problem has gone away.
System is very stable now.
Everything seems to be working well.
Couldn't be happier...
Remove NVEnabler if you have GT240...

mallardg500 said:
Problem has gone away.
System is very stable now.
Everything seems to be working well.
Couldn't be happier...
Remove NVEnabler if you have GT240...
Please enter this into the Wiki - Graphics Card Database

I can't get my XFX GT240 512mb ddr3 card to boot up using DVI. I can't get it to boot up properly and recognized in system profiler using VGA. I have deleted the nvenabler.kext but still I just get a black screen after the boot process when using DVI. Any suggestions?

Update, I have gotten digital output working using the HDMI port using and HDMI-DVI cable. I also improved my performance by disabling the apple video power management. I havn't tried dual monitors yet will post once I have done this. I got my working using GraphicsEnabler=Yes and deleted the nvenabler.kext so far so good.

Edit: New problem, I am unable to restart and get the machine to come back up using the hdmi output. If I do a shutdown and then start the machine back up it works fine. Anyone got any ideas?

Update, I have gotten digital output working using the HDMI port using and HDMI-DVI cable. I also improved my performance by disabling the apple video power management. I havn't tried dual monitors yet will post once I have done this. I got my working using GraphicsEnabler=Yes and deleted the nvenabler.kext so far so good.

Edit: New problem, I am unable to restart and get the machine to come back up using the hdmi output. If I do a shutdown and then start the machine back up it works fine. Anyone got any ideas?

thadrumr, I'm having the exact same problems as you are. I have an XFX GT 240 1GB DDR5. It has HDMI, DVI, and VGA outputs. I get video fine through HDMI, but DVI gets me a blank black screen. Same problem when after restarting, the HDMI connection needs to be unplugged and re-connected, otherwise it's a blank blue screen when I boot in.

I've tried the basic fixes, removing NVEnabler, removing GraphicsEnabler=yes, same problems, no matter what I've tried.

I was using a PNY GT 240 512MB DDR5 before (DVI, HDMI, VGA) and all outputs were working perfectly fine. If you get any further on cracking it, let me know! And I'll do the same...

UPDATE:
I deleted the NVDHAL50 and NVDRESMAN kexts from S/L/E. Also deleted Graphics Enabler=yes and NVEnabler. Now I finally get the desktop out of my DVI port, but the resolution is low and I can't change it. I will keep trying more fixes...

Well im stumped.

I have a dell optiplex 755/Core 2 Duo
I have a Geforce GT 240 installed

I have tried everything listed here. So now im back at a fresh install with Multibeast installed.

The only thing i have is GraphicsEnabler=Yes
My machine comes up fine but it's stuck at 1280x800 on a unknow monitor. I can't get it to do the 1680x1050 which is native to the Acer X223w screen I have.

I have tried both DVI and VGA ports with no luck. Am I missing something? I even tried SwitchResX with no luck. Im lost and about to give up. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back