Contribute
Register

NVenabler trouble with GT240 and graphicsEnabler=Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!

Finally got 10.6.2 running with network!!!! But I'm trying to get my Galaxy GT240 DDR3 512MB card running fully. It has VGA, DVI and HDMI. My primary goal is to run 2 (non-mirrored) monitors. At the moment I'm limited to 1024x768. I have NVEnabler 64.kext installed via multibeast. I've alse seen that GraphicsEnabler=Yes is set. I have no Quartz Extreme or Core Image showing in System profiler. So I assume its not enabled.

Tell me if I'm understanding this properly.

I've read I need to go into NVEnabler and set my Device ID. in this case it should be 0x0ca3.

I read this instruction:

"Works with NVEnabler 0.1.kext or NVEnabler 64.kext installed into /Extra/Extensions.

You only need to have the correct device ID set in NVEnabler kext info.plist like in: <key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key> <string>0x0ca310de</string>
Important: do not change /S/L/E/NVDAResman.kext or /S/L/E/NVDANV50Hal.kext like explained in http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=4 or QE won't work "

Maybe I'm not doing this correctly, but I used Plist Edit Pro. Right clicked on NVEnabler.kext, (Show Package content), Right clicked the PLIST file and selected open with Plist Edit Pro.

Though the above instructions indicate to search for KEY: IOPCIPrimaryMatch, I only found IOPCIMatch? And changed the coresponding ID to 0x0ca310de. Saved the file and restarted, but no changes?

Do I need to also change the VRAM settings currently 0x40 (1GB) to 0x20 (512MB)?

Do I need to turn off GraphicsEnabler=Yes (to what? FALSE, NO, OFF?)

Final question, I have a DSDT, the NVEnabler Kext, the GraphicsEnabler=Yes from Chameleon. What is the hierarchy? I mean does DSDT supersede the NVEnabler Kext, and that supersedes the Graphics Enabler flag?

I'm not too familiar with DSDT editing. but is it true have the Video card enabled in the DSDT is the preferred way. Followed by NVenabler Kext?

One last potential problem. The NVenabler says its 64bit. When i check my Snow leopard it appears to be running at only 32 bit. Would that prevent it from "enabling?"

I tried restarting with the "6" and "4" held down to boot into 64 bit. But that didn't work.

So any ideas?

Or any answers regarding the process? should I be using a different program?

Thanks

Max

Would upgrading to 10.6.3 help?

Attachments

• Screen.png.png
    Screen.png.png
    80.6 KB · Views: 1,438
Hey there,

I have the GTS250 running in here. It has DVI and VGA, both are working great non-mirrored. I don't use Nvenablers or any other kexts (because I think this sucks ;-) ). I only had to set GraphicsEnabler=Yes and it worked out of the box!

cr4nky

Update:

I don't know what this means, but I ran Xbench, just the video features, and it scored Quartz and OpenGL. So Xbench was able to access these features, even though System Profiler doesn't even show the features at all?

But, getting more than the three basic resolutions is essential. So maybe if I delete NVEnabler, and just leave GraphicsEnabler=Yes should do the trick?

Perhaps you have edited DSDT and your card is supported in that?

Thanks

max

cr4nky said:
Hey there,

I have the GTS250 running in here. It has DVI and VGA, both are working great non-mirrored. I don't use Nvenablers or any other kexts (because I think this sucks ;-) ). I only had to set GraphicsEnabler=Yes and it worked out of the box!

cr4nky

I think that's exactly what I did with my GT240 to get it working.

Tim

Okay, I will delete NVEnabler and see if GraphicsEnabler=Yes alone works. will report back!

I have GraphicsEnabler=yes and Nvenabler64.kext on my system. My card is working find but it still shows up as "unknown" chipset in profiler:

Chipset Model: Unknown nVidia card
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
Slot: PCI Slot 1
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 512 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0615
Revision ID: 0x00a2
ROM Revision: nVidia GeForce 250 GT OpenGL Engine,
Displays:
DELL S2309W:
Resolution: 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Rotation: Supported
Display Connector:

Update:

Had to reinstall 10.6.2. I still can't get variable resolutions. i really want to output HDMI at 1080P. No Dual monitors. But i downloaded Nvidia CUDA 3.0 Drivers for Mac OSX. And now at least it reports in System profile that it is a geforce GT240.

I was getting NVenabler = probe failed in the start-up text.

I wish i knew what was missing to get higher resolutions.

Max

Gigabyte GTS 250 - HDMI output

Need assistance getting a GTS 250 1GB working. I have carried out the following:-
1. Set Bios correctly.
2. Install OS X
3. Upgrade to 10.6.3
4. Install Multibeast (even tried new v1.1.0 tonight)
- Selected the DSDT for GA-P55A-UD4P, Utilities and X86 software.
Restart PC.
I get a blank screen with TV searching for input.

After the install point (step 2 above), I can select 'get info' and see that the resolution is set to 1920x1080p....so the graphics card CAN DISPLAY this resolution through the HDMI port (I only have the 1 cable connected)

After the reboot (step 4) the PC will not display any graphics at all.
I have tried using the DSDT in Multibeast, The link from the database (should be the same one) and a file from another user that advises it is working for them. ALL 3 FAIL the same.

Can anyone shed some light on a possible reason for this occurring.
Note that I am using HDMI only from the PC directly to the TV input (Samsung LCD).
I have also not modified any filed or rebuild cache's etc.
As far as I can see, the GTS 250 DSDT fix is already in the DSDT I am using and GraphicsEnabler=yes is also present.

I did manage to get the machine to boot up last night on the VGA cable to a monitor, but only 1024x768......but no HDMI as yet.

Cheers,

Does the System Profile show your Video Card name? I couldn't get the name to show until I installed Nvidia's Cuda 3.0 drivers from their site.

But still via VGA only up to 1024x7xx.

I think the black screen, or blue screen is the card is defaulting to a resolution not being supported by the monitor.

I have a 52" Samsung. When i have it plugged in via HDMI I'm not getting a signal. That doesn't mean the video card isn't sending a resolution. Just that the Samsung is not accepting it.

Unfortunately I only have VGA at the moment to test.

Maybe DVI is the better default output?

Any ideas

Im also having trouble with the GTS 250. I have a 5 series samsung TV that I cant get to work, either with DVI or HDMI (as my only display, not in addition to my other monitor). I have a monitor connected with VGA that works however thats it. Also, if I plug the TV into DVI and restart, I can watch the computer start with all the code go across the screen but right before the OSX desktop shows up, it stops. The HDMI dosent work at all. I will try those CUDA 3.0 drivers and report back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back