Contribute
Register

nv_disable works need help deciding what I need to purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi ,

I have a h67ma-usb3-b3 mobo, unfortunately I have a i3 (HD200) & a nVidia GeForce 210 512mb.

I can install Yosemite and boot up only in -x mode.

Question is, I have tried to get my Graphics card to work by putting in a EFI string, but the only thing that lets me boot with the graphics card is nv_disable=1.

Do you know of a way to get this work? or should I purchase

1. A new Graphics card
2. A new CPU.

Hi ,

I have a h67ma-usb3-b3 mobo, unfortunately I have a i3 (HD200) & a nVidia GeForce 210 512mb.

I can install Yosemite and boot up only in -x mode.

Question is, I have tried to get my Graphics card to work by putting in a EFI string, but the only thing that lets me boot with the graphics card is nv_disable=1.

Do you know of a way to get this work? or should I purchase

1. A new Graphics card
2. A new CPU.
Use GraphicsEnabler=Yes to boot. If that works, edit your /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist file to change the GraphicsEnabler flag to Yes. You can also use MultiBeast and just choose Customize > Boot Options > GraphicsEnabler=Yes to install and reboot.

Since you didn't tell us what you use of your computer for, we'd be guessing when it comes to advising you to either upgrade your processor and/or graphics card. However, the graphics card would be easier as the Sandy Bridge processors can only be found used on eBay. You can find a good, inexpensive graphics card with good performance in the tonymacx86 Buyer's Guide, both in the current Buyer's Guide and earlier Buyer's Guides.

Hi Stork,

I use it for Development. So don't really need a beast of a Hackintosh.

I have tried "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" and "GraphicsEnabler=No" it still boots into a black screen.

Looking at getting another graphics card, I hope this fixed my problem.

:D

Thanks

If you can find a good, brand name 5770 graphics card, you should be good to go. I still use my Gigabyte 5770 "batmobile" graphics cards, even used one in my Mac Pro (2008) for a while. Another good compatible card is the EVGA 650 Ti (non boost). Both of those cards can be had for less $100 on eBay.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back