Contribute
Register

(NOT SOLVED) starcraft 2 freezes on login screen!!! GARRR!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
have you installed nullcpupowermanagement kext?

SG- said:
have you installed nullcpupowermanagement kext?

As he stated i installed the kext and now it is finally running :)
I also have 25 fps in cinebench now. At first it were only 8!!!! :oops:
Also i changed my bios settings in the advanced cpu options.
I enabled everything there, so now my Mac runs like a charm. :headbang:

What are the settings you changed in the bios?

I have not had any luck getting SC II to get past the login screen would you please go through the steps you took to get it running on your machine?

Thanks so much

Sure i can :)

1. Installed the Nvidia Graphic Drivers from TonyMac86 but the updated ones cause of the new 10.6.6 update.
2. I Set my System Definitions with Multibeast to Mac Pro 3.1
3. Installed the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext (even if it means sleep is gone but at least now my Graphics run also my whole Mac seems more smoothy)

This is how my MultiBeast looked like after Installing the Graphic Drivers and Mac Update

After that i restarted my Mac and fired up Cinebench First to see if my Graphics do better and they did :)
I started up Sc2 and it finally let me pass the Login Screen !

I also have to mention i used the CustomBeast from TonyMac and not the normal Multibeast to set up my System first. So its a DSDT based system!

After i did some reading i set the PCI Express Frequency in my Bios to 100 MHZ also cause of the random crashes the Nvidia Drivers produce and know even these are gone :)

The other options i set in the bios were like described by lnx2 in that link i posted!!

I hope this helps you in any Way !

If u have any other questions Im happy to answer them!

Oh and here is my Extensions Folder so these are the Kext i have installed currently

Thanks! It works! now my openGL score up to 34 from 17 :D

I had the same problem before, for me the problem was de option graphics, i dont know why but if i change same later freezes on login.

easy solution delete the file graphics option in /User/youruser/Application Support/Blizard/Starcraft II/Variables.txt

for me it's enough because the default graphics it's working perfect (Ultra)

I wish in the next update fix this problem

maybe the problem it's online nvidia but there's new update form apple and nvidia soon

pd: Learning english, if moderator want change something no problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back