Contribute
Register

(NOT SOLVED) starcraft 2 freezes on login screen!!! GARRR!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So i have my new hack running, and the first thing I want to do is play sc2 on ultra but I CANT NOOOOOO!!!!

my specs:

x58a-ud3r
i7 950
6gb ocz ddr3 ram
pny gtx460 1gb

running 10.6.5. the OS doesnt seem to know exactly which graphics card I have in here according to the about this mac section, however it is working fine im getting full resolution, ripples when i add a widget etc etc.

so I load up sc2 and it goes to the login screen. The planet in the background spins about a quarter turn then it freezes and i have to reboot my system. has anyone experienced this? I cant figure out what to do!!!!

[update]
I got it working!!!!!!! I used multibeast advanced options to set graphics enabler = yes, the 32 bit option. Rebooted and it works voila! All settings on Ultra and no lag in a 3v3 last night =)

[update #2]

So now im really lost. It worked last night, i shut down and this morning it wont work. I tried EVERYTHING, updated to newest chameleon bootloader and multibeast, tried every graphics enabler option and graphics injector in multibeast, installed the CUDA drivers from nVidia, etc etc etc.It gets to the login screen, and freezes. This is a similar error that some have had on windows, but theirs was fixed by removing the ethernet cable during startup. I tried this, nothing. Same effect. Randomly, one time it DID work when i started it, but the next time I tried to load it froze again and no luck since.

WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?!?!?!

:banghead: Im in the exact same boat... :beachball:

Do you happen to have 2 network interfaces? I deleted one since I noticed blizzard sys profiler saw me as having a 169.x.x.x ip and it worked GREAT for 3 launches.... I hope that helps you but I have no clue why mine is doing it again. I have a 450 fermi with cuda also. Keep me updated I have spent hours trying to get this working :(

also i have ssh access to this computer from another next to me and it is impossible to kill the process even sudo killall -9 SC2 just halts the music... any idea for killing it without a reboot? getting tired of rebooting to test it.

Ill have to check about the network interfaces, thats a possible issue.

I think it has something to do with the gpu though, as it seems that whenever i fiddle with kexts related to the gpu it will (most of the time) work once, and then not again after I quit the game.

Im also planning on installing a second gtx460 using the techniques being explored in the graphics/installation section right now, so maybe that will have some effect on how the system handles sc2.

for now I just have been booting to my win7 drive to play sc2. As much as id like to stay on the mac side, im gonna have to do it anyways, and i have to get some playing in until i get this figured out!

i removed cuda just to make sure it wasnt conflicting.. its not used for sc2 anyway

removed:
/usr/local/cuda
/System/Library/Extensions/CUDA.kext
/System/Library/StartupItems/CUDA

didn't help but just trying to rules some things out since there are no error logs

Deleted:
/users/shared/Blizzard (directory)
/users/sxealex/Library/Application Support/Blizzard (directory)
/users/sxealex/Library/Preferences (all files that contain blizzard in the name)

the game launched played for about 2 hours
crashed restarted same deal as before tried to delete the above again to no avail

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

have a second monitor? try hooking it up, a second display seems to get the game launched for me o_O or maybe i have just been lucky 3 times in a row...

game seems to work everytime now with a second monitor.... I'm pretty sure this is blizzards fault. :lolno:

hey had the same ordeal as you. It will work if EVERYTIME before you quit reset the graphics down to the lowest. then when you reopen reset the graphics back up. Im nto 100 percent sure though. I believe also you can get back to normal resolution and lower graphics by booting into safe mode with -x flag and then restarting back into normal mode.

windowed fullscreen also seems to make it not lock up ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back