Contribute
Register

Not Shy's Guide - Potentially Fix Bluetooth Sleep/Wake

Status
Not open for further replies.
gufoto said:
:banghead: hi guys need help my mac pro won't wake up after sleep r after shut down i have installed belkin mini bluetooth adapter
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-Mini-Blu ... 2_edpp_url
I know its there a fix but don't know how to edit IOUSBFamily.kext???
My info Vendor ID: 0
Product ID: 0x7fff
Thanks
https://discussions.apple.com/community ... rs/mac_pro

Might be of better help there.

I wouldn't edit kexts on a true Mac, I would make sure all updates are current and that the aftermarket Items used on the Mac Pro are compatible with that desk top.

eelhead said:
gufoto said:
:banghead: hi guys need help my mac pro won't wake up after sleep r after shut down i have installed belkin mini bluetooth adapter
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-Mini-Blu ... 2_edpp_url
I know its there a fix but don't know how to edit IOUSBFamily.kext???
My info Vendor ID: 0
Product ID: 0x7fff
Thanks
https://discussions.apple.com/community ... rs/mac_pro

Might be of better help there.

I wouldn't edit kexts on a true Mac, I would make sure all updates are current and that the aftermarket Items used on the Mac Pro are compatible with that desk top.
N pluck then for me i tried every google page but nothing :(

Hi, i've an issue with mi d-link dbt-120 lion 10.7.3 and magic trackpad .
Wireless Kb works (but wake from sleep is grey) but magic trackpad loses connection and reconnect very offen! I've just update Apple bt fw update 1.2 but problem still remains!!!
Any suggestion????? This dongle should be' the best One !!!
Thanks

Did anyone manage to resolve this issue?

I've just bought a Belkin Mini Bluetooth Adapter which works perfectly on my Hackintosh until it goes to sleep.

I've edited my IOBluetoothFamily.kext to include my vendor and product IDs. This enables the wake from sleep option in the Bluetooth settings, but it doesn't actually allow my Magic Mouse to wake the computer (strangely my wired Apple keyboard won't wake it either).

Once the computer is out of sleep, the mouse won't work even though it's apparently connected. The only way to re-enable the mouse is to remove and replace the Bluetooth adapter.

I can't tell at this stage whether it's my motherboard, the adapter or both at fault. When my computer goes to sleep, it seems to power down the USB ports. This may explain why the mouse is unable to wake the machine. When it powers up again, the Bluetooth adapter doesn't re-initialise properly.

Would I have better luck with a different adapter? I only spent £7 on this one so it's not the end of the world.

willob said:
Did anyone manage to resolve this issue?

I've just bought a Belkin Mini Bluetooth Adapter which works perfectly on my Hackintosh until it goes to sleep.

Once the computer is out of sleep, the mouse won't work even though it's apparently connected. The only way to re-enable the mouse is to remove and replace the Bluetooth adapter.

Would I have better luck with a different adapter? I only spent £7 on this one so it's not the end of the world.

I had the same issue as you described. Even though I could use either my wired Apple keyboard, Apple Trackpad or Magic Mouse to wake the computer, the mouse and trackpad showed some weird behaviour after waking up from sleep.

I solved this by adding a wakeup script that disables the Bluetooth radio for 1 second after waking from sleep. It's a minor annoyance that I can live with... The instructions and required files are described somewhere earlier in this thread.

You could try different adapters. I also had a $1.50 eBay one that worked fine, but it was a little bit bigger than the Belkin (which fits nicely into my wired Apple Keyboard). The eBay one (CSR based rather than broadcom) worked fine after waking from sleep, though didn't try if I could manage it to allow Bluetooth devices to wake the computer.

desperado74 said:
Hi, i've an issue with mi d-link dbt-120 lion 10.7.3 and magic trackpad .
Wireless Kb works (but wake from sleep is grey) but magic trackpad loses connection and reconnect very offen! I've just update Apple bt fw update 1.2 but problem still remains!!!
Any suggestion????? This dongle should be' the best One !!!
Thanks

I have exactly the same issue (I have the DBT-120 rev B3). I did not manage to update the firmware though (message: no supported device found) but now I know that that probably would not have resolved it. It works fine when I use the trackpad without the wireless keyboard.

I ordered the Sabrent Micro Wireless to replace it as that seemed the easiest solution: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002SBF108/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

Hello,

I believe I have a fairly old Bluetooth dongle, something to do with bluesoleil or other rubbish, never really worked until Windows 7 or til I tried in OS X. I simply plugged it in and I was able to connect my magic mouse and apple BT keyboard. Obviously allow devices.. is greyed out.

I have looked in system information and attached a print screen of the bluetooth section, my vendor ID is listed as 0. Is there any help for this?
Screen Shot 2012-06-14 at 14.18.52.png

Best wishes,
Craig

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-06-14 at 14.18.52.png
    Screen Shot 2012-06-14 at 14.18.52.png
    130.1 KB · Views: 407
Update:
Under System Information/USB I have found the vendor ID of my device. However, performing the hack in this guide does not work. Possibly to do with it being CSR? But I do not know if it is.

Vendor ID: 0x0c10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back