Contribute
Register

Not Shy's Guide - Potentially Fix Bluetooth Sleep/Wake

Status
Not open for further replies.
D-an-W said:
The Belkin was the best for use within the BIOS and Chameleon / Chimera but for the most "Apple" like experience the original Apple adapter can't be beat (Does sometimes work in the BIOS too).

I own about 8 BT dongles btw :crazy:

Any detailed tutorial on how to build an apple bluetooth module?

Does the Belkin work with Apple Wireless Keyboard? I dont care for magic mouse.

Do I need anything extra other than notchy's guide to have this bt working well.
I read that everything works OOB in the wiki? F8T016au.

There is a great thread on here with our results on building the apple one.

viewtopic.php?f=76&t=14836

The Belkin one works fine with the BT Keyboard but as with all the ones I tried (Other than the Apple one) there were issues after waking from sleep.

If BIOS usage isn't the top of your list I would go with an Apple build but the Belkin for me worked 100% in the BIOS and Chameleon.

D-an-W said:

The Belkin one works fine with the BT Keyboard but as with all the ones I tried (Other than the Apple one) there were issues after waking from sleep.

If BIOS usage isn't the top of your list I would go with an Apple build but the Belkin for me worked 100% in the BIOS and Chameleon.

Thanks D-an-W :thumbup:

But... does it not wake from sleep with Apple BT Keyboard properly. I thought the issues were only with Apple mouse. And did you have to do the edits as per this guide, did they make a difference?

I remember your post in this thread regarding, sleep watcher and blueutil, did they fix the issue but I guess you were after a more native approach right? ;)

Im not too confident with electronics but might try out this apple module technique!

KidCastro said:
D-an-W said:

I'm not too confident with electronics but might try out this apple module technique!

It is quite quick to do and doesn't take advanced electronics skills and the results are v v v good. I have amazing range with my BT mod.

KidCastro said:
D-an-W said:

But... does it not wake from sleep with Apple BT Keyboard properly. I thought the issues were only with Apple mouse. And did you have to do the edits as per this guide, did they make a difference?

I remember your post in this thread regarding, sleep watcher and blueutil, did they fix the issue but I guess you were after a more native approach right? ;)

Im not too confident with electronics but might try out this apple module technique!

The Dick Smith USB Bluetooth dongle is a rebadged Cambridge Silicon Radio and works OOB. I'm using it with a magic trackpad. http://dicksmith.com.au/product/XH1351/ds-micro-usb-adaptor-b-tooth-10m-bluetooth-adaptor

Seeing as how your'e in Oz and all.
Cheers

redshift82r said:
KidCastro said:
D-an-W said:

The Dick Smith USB Bluetooth dongle is a rebadged Cambridge Silicon Radio and works OOB. I'm using it with a magic trackpad. http://dicksmith.com.au/product/XH1351/ds-micro-usb-adaptor-b-tooth-10m-bluetooth-adaptor

Seeing as how your'e in Oz and all.
Cheers

Thanks redshift82r, do not see many aussies on the forum... :thumbup:

EDIT-

Good Tutorial
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=252958&st=0

Well me again, still having a frustrating time with this Bluetooth thing. My dongle works perfectly; get perfect reception, mouse, keyboard, all work and connect. But that one option to wake from sleep is greyed out.

I'm using: SDM USB Bluetooth 2.1 Adapter Class 2

Just some random cheap one I found on my country's "newegg": http://www.komplett.dk/k/ki.aspx?sku=587204#info

It works perfect OOB and is recognized by System Profiler.

Screen Shot 2011-12-07 at 1.25.57 PM.png

However, when I tried to follow Not Shy's instructions of adding in my own custom entry into the file; I was surprised to find my device and vendor ID already there...

Screen Shot 2011-12-07 at 1.27.32 PM.png

See attached files. And I am using a CSR module.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-12-07 at 1.25.57 PM.png
    185.4 KB · Views: 438
  • Screen Shot 2011-12-07 at 1.27.32 PM.png
    69.5 KB · Views: 424
momavujisic said:
Well me again, still having a frustrating time with this Bluetooth thing. My dongle works perfectly; get perfect reception, mouse, keyboard, all work and connect. But that one option to wake from sleep is greyed out.

I'm using: SDM USB Bluetooth 2.1 Adapter Class 2

Just some random cheap one I found on my country's "newegg": http://www.komplett.dk/k/ki.aspx?sku=587204#info

It works perfect OOB and is recognized by System Profiler.

However, when I tried to follow Not Shy's instructions of adding in my own custom entry into the file; I was surprised to find my device and vendor ID already there...

See attached files. And I am using a CSR module.

Are you using PLIST PRO to view/edit the file, Im using a belkin module and this worked for me. Should work for you as well... Alot of us should ask the question, do we really need wake from sleep? I mean, display turning off is fine for me most of the time. Its up to the individual ofcourse... Im pretty sure you should follow the steps as Not Shy outlined, use Plist pro :thumbup:

savestheday said:
I know that going through this thread some were having success with Belkin's adapter:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001E96JBK

Want to report that on Lion, I have successfully setup the Belkin adapter to wake from sleep!!!!

For reference, I edited the Broadcom plist, here's my value:

Code:
Product ID:	0x016a  Converted to Decimal: 362
Vendor ID:	0x050d  Converted to Decimal: 1293

Right I have the same adapter and same values.

Belkin Mini USB Bluetooth Adapter F8T016NG

I edited the Broadcom plist and indeed the wake from sleep box come awake and i can check it! BUT it does not actually work....when my hack is sleeping the bluetooth light is out on the doongle and my trackpad wont wake it up. If i use the power button then it fires upright away and reconnects.

Interestingly with the modified key it takes longer to reconnect cause first it say bluetooth device lost connection and then in rejoins.

With the unmodified key it just reconnects instantly so seeing as the modified plist makes no change I've gone back to vanilla and am using the power button to wake....

Shame though I really want to be able to tap my touchpad to wake :lol:

Anyone got any clues? I modified the existing Broadcom key which said 'dongle' rather than copied another key as this did not seem to work?

cheers O

Edit - I've just got my Bluetooth keyboard and that wakes from sleep with no problems and no plist edits! Wicked & Bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back